• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My Swedish Candelabra

nieciez

Community Sponsor
Thanks to Erik for sharing with us his Swedish Christmas lights and to Mary Ann for finding Nordic Connections I am very happy with my new addition to our Christmas decor this year. I think it hits the spot in the breakfast area of my kitchen. It's funny how I say every year that I am "down sizing" on my decorating yet I still always ADD something new :biggrin:

nieciez

Community Sponsor
LOL I wondered if anyone would notice that....I added it after taking picture #2..being it is a ship I guess y'all would :biggrin: And picture #1 was actually picture #3 in the taking...the original #1 was too dark...flash wasn't on.

Funnel

Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor
That looks great Denise!
I'm glad that the Swedish Christmas/Advent decorations can be seen "all over" the US! :doubleup:

I was afraid the ship sunk between the photos so I'm relieved by your explanation... :biggrin:

The decor of your candelabra is influenced of a region in Sweden called "Dalarna". The typical "Dalahäst" ("Dala horse") comes from the same region.

Note: This is not a Christmas decoration... :whistle: It has become more of a typical symbol of Sweden.

/Erik

nieciez

Community Sponsor
The decor of your candelabra is influenced of a region in Sweden called "Dalarna". The typical "Dalahäst" ("Dala horse") comes from the same region.

Note: This is not a Christmas decoration... :whistle: It has become more of a typical symbol of Sweden.

/Erik
Erik, the "Dalahäst" is a lovely piece!

seamom

seamom

lol...let's try that again... "Dalahäst" ...that's what we get for having an English keyboard and copying and pasting to get those fancy grammatical symbols!!

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Denise - looks beautiful! I'm trying to decide if Erik is a good influence in sharing some of the Swedish Advent/Christmas traditions that are so beautiful, or a bad influence in that he's enticing us to spend money!:biggrin:

nieciez

Community Sponsor
Denise - looks beautiful! I'm trying to decide if Erik is a good influence in sharing some of the Swedish Advent/Christmas traditions that are so beautiful, or a bad influence in that he's enticing us to spend money!:biggrin:
LOL probably a little of both :biggrin:

Funnel

Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor
I just ordered a 4" on to sit in front of my Swedish candelabra!

https://www.gava.us/merchantmanager/product_info.php?products_id=16
Denise, it didn't take many minutes for you to order one! :biggrin:

Oh, look...delivery to the USA for "Dalahäst" in several colours! :) Though not a Christmas ornament, I sure think it would look nice next to the candelabra!
Seamom, look now what YOU made Denise do! :biggrin:

Sorry Mary Ann, but I have shares in the candelabra and Dala horse business... :whistle:

/Erik

seamom

Funny, everything here at home is always MY fault too!.... but on here....it's also YOUR fault, Erik!! lol You've started Swedish mania!!!