Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

My take on Carnival's Short cruise market

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Ken_2001, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Sophie

Sophie Guest

wow cruisan gal....you made me want to visit!! they should hire you to as director of tourism! lol :)

2. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Cruisin gal...keep the coffee hot! I"ll be right there!! That's one way I can certainly appreciate florida, is by visiting there on occasion. I 'llhave to make it like December or January, I don't do too well in the heat. =huh

3. Sophie

Sophie Guest

uhm ken.....december is still relatively warm in Florida; but if you can handle and enjoy a cruise you should do just fine! :)

4. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Absolutely. If it gets too warm, (for me too warm mean above 80.) I just drink lots of water. But I just make the best of it. :thumb

5. prettygigi

prettygigi Guest

I think the Miracle is going to sail out of Tampa or somwhere around there... not sure.

Gigi

6. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

I'll check out her itinerary today Gigi. I'm curious myself.

7. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

I've found this..Sorry the dates didn't come out, but here's the itinerary

Destination Days Sailing From Sailing On

Bahamas 3 Days Jacksonville, Fl Friday
    Bahamas 7 Days Baltimore, Maryland Sunday
    Bahamas 7 Days New York City, New York Saturday
    Bahamas 7 Days Baltimore, Maryland Sunday
    Canada 5 Days New York City, New York Monday
    Caribbean 5 Days Jacksonville, Fl Monday
    Cruise To Nowhere 2 Days Baltimore, Maryland Sunday
    Cruise To Nowhere 2 Days Tampa, Florida Friday
    Western Caribbean 6 Days Jacksonville, Fl Saturday
    Western Caribbean 6 Days Jacksonville, Fl Saturday
    Western Caribbean 7 Days Tampa, Florida Sunday

8. Sophie

Sophie Guest

Hey Ken - had to tell you this, thought you would appreciate the flip side of the coin re: cold weather. Yesterday morning was about 50 here, which meant that I turned on the heat. Figured that was considered a nice day for you! :)

9. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Yea you hit it pretty much on the head Sophie. Low to mid 50's air even smells sweeter. I like a nice sweater with maybe a light spring jacket.

10. Sophie

Sophie Guest

now, a nice day for me, down here in dixie, would be 85-90 and humidty no higher than 90% THATS good warm weather! below 70 is COLD and time to build a fire in the fireplace lol :)

11. diverdiver

diverdiver Guest

Hey, Sophie! I'm down in Dixie, too, and my idea of a good day is 60 degrees and zero humidity. Yes, it did get a bit chilly last night, so I turned off the air conditioner. Really! I'd had it running for a couple of weeks. Now, when I cruise, I'm definitely a beach/shorkel/Scuba person...aas long as there's water around to cool off in, I'm
    happy!! Oh, and a big old WAR EAGLE to ya, Sophie!!

12. Cruisin Gal

Cruisin Gal Guest

Ahhh, In Satellite Beach, E. Central Florida we are enjoying cool breezes, high of 80 during the day, low humidity and 56 at night with onshore breezes!

The surfers are having a ball, we have beaches here that you can spend all day on and not see another person for a quarter of a mile down the beach! You can walk the beach and collect sea-glass and sea shells.

After beaching it, you can go over to Conchy Joes and have a fresh seafood dinner or go to our local favorite The Cove and have an early bird meal from 3pm-6pm, a delicious cracked conch dinner, or T-Bone steak or just about any other thing you'd like and listen to a guy who sings like an angel, then hang around for Karaoke!

After that, you can mosey across the street to the Ramada Inn or drive 3 miles down to the Hilton or Radisson or Holiday Inn and open the door to your ocean front room and let the sound of the ocean waves lull you to sleep!

Satellite Beach is a really nice place to visit because it's not all commerical and isn't a tourist trap...besides....it's my hometown and I love it!

13. Sophie

Sophie Guest

diver - i know exactly what you mean; we've had the a/c on for a good 2 wks here too then all of a sudden, i was lighting the fireplace! where are you from? i am in brandon, mississippi - just outside jackson;

and crusingirl - stop braggin!!! lol :)

14. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Yea! I'm with my friend Sophie! stop bragging! :lol :thumb

15. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

Oh, Ken........I am jealous of anyone who has a cruise ship of any kind port in or near their city! I'm still waiting for Phoenix to be ocean front so we can get a ship or two! :lol :lol :lol

Post Edited (04-02-04 00:28)

16. jimlinalf

jimlinalf Guest

I'm over in Jacksonville Florida, had a cool front come through yesterday, temps got down to about 48 last night. Sitting here this morning in my Carnival Miracle bathrobe, thinking about that short 3 night cruise we were on last weekend. It was our first ever cruise and if it were not right here in our port, we might not have done it, but because it was so convenient we were able to arrange days off from work. About the middle of the summer I'll wish I lived somewhere up north, but enjoy things as they are now.

Jim

17. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

That's a big 10-4 Jim, I hear ya

Jenni...Yea I hear ya on being landlocked. I guess the closest ports might be Long Beach, CA Or Galveston?

18. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

Yes, Ken....LA or Long Beach are closest. One of these days I'd really love to do the Mexican Riviera For those short ones, though....one can only go to Ensenada so many times! (I've been there 3x!) :)

19. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

:lol Jenni! I dont remember where the heck I posted this, but I believe in my life I've been to Canada like twice and Nova Scotia, same thing, twice, but when I heard the Golden Princess was heading up there, I told my TA.. BOOK IT!! I just went for the ship.

Hey, who knows, maybe if you really love the ship, go just for that. JMHO. :thumb

20. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

Yeah...that's how I felt about the Monarch of the Seas. I'd heard great things so I decided to give it a try....it was a bonus that the ship's home is LA.

See....we Westerners would love to do an Eastern Canadian cruise! One of these days....