• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need excursion suggestions for Grand Turk, Nassua and Half Moon Cay.

G

Gayle V

Hubby and I are just starting to look at the excursion lists for our cruise this fall. We will be going to Grand Turk, Nassau, and Half Moon Cay. and after reading it through, absolutely nothing jumps out at us as a "must do". So we could use a little input.

We've never been to G. Turk before, so we are wide open for suggestions there.

Half Moon Cay seems likely to be just a beach day, unless there's something special that we should not miss there?

And then there's Nassau. I've been underwhelmed by Nassau in the past. Done some fair snorkeling a few times there, and enjoyed the Andrasta Gardens another time. This time I'm tempted by the Atlantis Aquaventure, but my goodness, the price! Can it possibly be worth $155 per person?

So what do you think? All suggestions appreciated.

C

Calgon1

Half Moon Cay - Para Sailing is a good choice. We really enjoyed it. Also, the private cabana is another good choice. But, if you get one, be sure to get over early. Otherwise, your lounge chairs, and/or floating mats may dissappear. Tan, Blue, Turquiose and Orange are good choices here. Anything farther out is less crowded, but is a bit of a walk to the Pavalion (restrooms and BBQ). Six of one, a half dozen of the other ...

G

Gayle V

HI Calgon,

I'm afraid we missed out on the Cabanas and the Oasis too. We only booked a couple weeks ago, and I checked the excursion page right away for those Cabanas. I think they must have been all taken by the early bookers, because there's been no mention of them.

I haven't seen the Oasis listed either. Our Roll Call (on another board) had briefly toyed with the idea of getting together to rent that. That might have been problematic anyway, so just as well. I didn't really want to be the organizer for it, (with having to collect so much money from so many people.)