Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Need Venice Hotel Post-Cruise for 1 night

Discussion in 'Europe' started by shystermom, Oct 26, 2004.

1. shystermom

shystermom Guest

Any suggestions on a Venice hotel for 1 night post-cruise? I'm on Millennium 8/26 - 9/7/05, ending in Venice. Thanks!

2. BruinSteve

BruinSteve Guest

When we did the Millennium last year, we stayed at the Carlton--through Celebrity:

http://www.venice-hotel.carltongrandcanal.com/

On a prior visit, we stayed at the Capri:

http://www.hotelcapri.net/

Both of these hotels are run by the same company and are fairly close...

There is also a Sofitel in this part of town which I haven't stayed in but I understand is quite nice:

http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fichehotel/gb/sof/1313/fiche_hotel.shtml

The are of Venice in which these three are located is near the Piazza Roma and the Train Station. The prime reason for staying here is convenience. The Piazza Roma is the only place on the island buses and taxis can get to and these are short walking distance from there...The tough part in Venice is schlepping your luggage to and from your hotel. Some hotels in other parts of town may be reached by water taxi, but this can get quite costly...

Once checked into a hotel, you can really get anywhere in Venice quite easily, either on foot or by using the very inexpensive Vaporetti (the public bus-boat system)...There is a Vaporetti stop on the Grand Canal very near the Carlton...

Another advantage of this prt of town is that there are a lot of very reasonably priced and good restaurants in the area between the RR Station and the Ghetto...all a short walk away...

Good luck...

3. Sandy G

Sandy G Guest

We have a roll call going for our June 2005 cruise that starts in Venice. Several of us have booked the Locanda Orseolo. Rooms are around 250 euro a night. The Locanda has a website and the reviews on tripadvisor.com are excellent. Hotels in Venice are outrageously expensive... good luck.

4. seamom

seamom Guest

Just came over here on another mission and saw this. I answered on the community board following:

Hubby reminded me that our stay was Hotel Flora:

[www.venice-hotel.hotelflora.it]

He also remembered how small the room was. Believe me...those pictures on the site are WAY BIGGER than the one we had but each has a signature Murano blown glass chandelier. We were minutes from St. Mark's Square though and could walk just about anywhere from there.

My friends stayed the same year after us and seemed to pay the same price and get a much bigger room...luck of the draw? ..and we thought we had connections in Italy as we knew a hotelier there. Mind you, we were height of the season and the World Cup was playing not far away.

I agree with Steve that I've heard similar about the railway area for reasonably priced hotels.......and easy and scenic to get to the heart of Venice from there.