Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Needing that Rainbow Bridge; lost my best friend today...

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Seawall, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Seawall

Seawall Guest

I lost my best friend today; my black lab died unexpectantly; dropped dead of an apparent heart attack.
    I left to go to Marv's to cook Gumbo, and picked the Weedeater up, and there he was, tail wiggling, bright eyed as can be. Petted him, talked to him, and I walked out the gate.
    About thirty minutes later, my Mom calls, tells Marvin that I need to get home ASAP; she told Marvin what was wrong, but he did not tell me. Thank God for that....
    Got home, and there is my Mom, pointing at him; crying, and she was lifting his head off the ground. He died in his tracks, chasining and running along the fence.
    Black Butt was 12 years old, and he lived a good life. He was a black lab. Marvin and I dug a a huge hole, and my Mom and Marvin wrapped in him plastic bags. That, I could not watch, and I could Not watch them put him in the ground.
    He is burried inside the yard, and I will get a marker for his grave. He was kind, and gentle, and asked nothing but to be loved, and a kind pat on the head, and to be put inside the utility room when ever it thundered.
    Thanks for letting me vent.

2. Cwusinbunny

Cwusinbunny Guest

I am so sorry to hear about Black Butt :( Our pets are members of the famiy - its so hard to lose them ....

My thoughts are with you - hang in there!

3. SpongeRob

SpongeRob Guest

Cathy, we are so sorry to hear that. They really are family members, and their loss is difficult to face. ((((((((Cathy)))))))).

4. ginny

ginny Guest

Oh that's so sad, I'm really sorry SW. Take comfort from your friends here at addicts. I'm sure he's chasing rabbits in doggie heaven right now. :dog :angel

5. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Seawall....my heart aches for you. So very sorry to hear of your losing your Black Butt.
    I am sure it gives you some comfort that he was happily enjoying his yard when his time came....and that it is unlikely he suffered.

((((((((((((((((((seawall))))))))))))))) It is sooooo hard to lose our four legged friends.

6. Hucc

Hucc Guest

so sorry to hear about the loss of your lab :(

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((seawall)))))))))))))))))))))))))

:(

7. Nessie

Nessie Guest

Oh Seawall (((hug)))) what a shock! I'm so very sorry that you lost your dear dog. I can't imagine the grief you feel due to the unexpectedness. It will indeed take time to get over it. However, from what you said, you were able to pet him, and talk to him one last time. And it sounds like he was active and pain free until the very end. He was playing and running and doing what dogs love to do. He did not suffer with an illness, and that will help you in time.

My heart goes out to you. I will keep you in my prayers. (((((SEAWALL)))))

8. Thinking of you and crying with you. Laurey

9. Toto

Toto Guest

(((((((((((( SEAWALL )))))))))) I am so very sorry to hear about black butt, I am sure you are devastated. You were there for me when I lost my beloved Princess and if there is anything I can do, please call on me. :(

10. hstrybuf

hstrybuf Guest

I am so sorry to hear about your furbaby and I know how badly you must feel. You gave him a good life. We'll be here for you. (((((((((((((((Cathy)))))))))))))))

11. JR ga pi

JR ga pi Guest

Seawall my FRIEND
    I am sorry for your loss of Black Butt. My prayers are with you.

JR

12. reese

reese Guest

(((((((((((((Seawall))))))))))))))

13. MizSuzannah

MizSuzannah Guest

I'm very sorry to hear it, seawall...that' s very sad news indeed....
    I'm certain that he has gone somewhere and that he is grateful for the life you gave him....

(((((((((((((((seawall)))))))))))))))))))))))

14. BarbaraK

BarbaraK Guest

((((((((((((((((((((((((Seawall)))))))))))))))))))))

15. {{{{{{{{seawall}}}}}}}}}}

16. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Thoughts are with you SW.

17. maw

maw Guest

(((Cathy))) you know I am very sad for you.

18. Liner Dan

Liner Dan Guest

So sorry to hear ......................same thing happened to me a few years back as well.Prayers been sent to you all.......................hugs from dan.....xxx

19. seagarsmoker

seagarsmoker Guest

Sorry to hear the sad news. We lost our 12 yr old shih tzu last Sep from heart problems. Won't be easy for sure.

20. BurBunny

BurBunny Guest

{{{{{ Seawall }}}}} - you are not alone in your grief. Know that all your friends share your pain, but also that your sweet lab will be with you always and was blessed to have you as his "people."