Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Needing that Rainbow Bridge; lost my best friend today...

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Seawall, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Seawall, I am so very sorry of your loss. Our pets become our family, sometimes even great companions. I'm sure he didn't suffer.

2. watergirl

watergirl Guest

So sorry for your loss.

Jeanie

3. surfergirl

surfergirl Guest

Seawall,
    As the Mom to a yellow Lab, I can appreciate your sadness. Those Labs are the bestest! Just believe that he is waiting at The Rainbow Bridge with that tail wagging, the tongue giving kisses, jumping on everyone and going crazy dog with happiness since there are no storms for him to fear.
    I think the greatest consolation is that he wasn't sick, didn't suffer and you never had to make that horrible decision. May our "baby" end her days on planet Earth in the same manner.
    Sorry!

4. PEB

PEB Guest

So sorry to hear about your lab Seawall!

5. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Seawall - my condolences. I'm so very sorry to learn of your terrible loss. :cry

6. bOB

bOB Guest

I know, it is never easy loosing a pet

7. Gayle V

Gayle V Guest

Oh (((((Seawall)))), I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear furbaby. I know how sad you must be right now. My thoughts are with you.

8. CruzNut

CruzNut Guest

Cathy-
    My heart is with you....
    Nobody can feel your pain, unless they have had a loss such as your. I can still feel the hurt of losing Puggsley, ten years ago, and now that Marley is getting up in years, I dread the day I have to face it again....
    So, I know how you feel, and feel it with you.
    Jeff

9. glo-ree-bee

glo-ree-bee Guest

Seawall,

My heart goes out to you in the loss of your dear pet friend.

Pets play such a special role in our life. They are so trusting, loving and giving of their whole selves to their owners.

He didn't have to suffer long, did he?

I know when our Holly died I cried buckets and we have never gotten another dog because the pain was just too much to think of losing another beloved dog.

We do have a cat who has adopted us. She is not very friendly but we feed and care for her and see that she has been spayed and has her shots. However, because of her nature she has never been a close buddy! Each animal is different.

Thinking of you.

grb

10. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

((((Seawall)))) I understand your grief and just want you to know we are here for you. Stephanie

11. gambler

gambler Guest

Cathy, (((((((((((( Big Hugs for you))))))))) I am so sorry for your loss.. We are here for you. At least you know, he did not have to suffer. Take care my friend and let me know if there is anything I can do for you. ((((((((More HUGS)))))))))))))...

12. April

April Guest

It's hard to answer this post-- with the tears in my eyes-- My thoughts and prayers are with you-- I remember way back when in the chat room-- when I used to chat--- that he didn't like the stormy weather and that you would take care of him-- during the bad weather.
    May the memories you have keep a smile in your heart-- because he will always be with you.
    April

13. Carol  Canada

Carol Canada Guest

I'll add my sincere condolences to the rest. I'm so very sorry that you lost a member of your family and friend. Remember the good times with your pup.

14. Ali

Ali Guest

So sorry SW to read about this. Take care and think of the happier times you two shared.

15. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

So sorry for your loss.

16. GaTech

GaTech Guest

Seawall,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Seawall)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-Dave

17. cac

cac Guest

so sorry...you gave him a good life.im sure he's smiling down on you. im sure in time it will bring a smile to your face each time you go into the utility room. i love my dog and cant even think of that day...my best,carl

18. MARIPOSA

MARIPOSA Guest

SW, Love ya kiddo, {{{{{{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}} to you. Mari

19. Beryl

Beryl Guest

Seawall, Hugs to you at this time when your heart is probably breaking.
    I know you probably know it by heart but it might help just seeing it in print...so here is the Rainbow Bridge just for you. May happy and loving memories soon come to fill the space where you now feel only grief and loss. Remember, your wonderful dog will live in your heart and memory forever!

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

20. Seawall, I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is never just that - they are members of the family. Furry little angels from heaven who teach us all so much about what it is to truly love someone unconditionally. The pain of loss is true and deep. May your little angel rest peacefully amongst the clouds!

My thoughts are with you,