Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

New Add-On Thread - Name That Show

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by Calgon1, May 19, 2008.

1. els689

els689 Guest

How about....

Petticoat Junction

2. Ruchela

Ruchela Guest

Nobody mentioned -- Kojak - I loved Telly Savalas.

3. els689

els689 Guest

[quote GloBug]The Carol Burnett Show. Was any lady ever funnier?[/quote]

And the show was even funnier when they'd crack each other up. Harvey Korman was a stitch!!!!
    :)D

4. seamom

seamom Guest

Hey....don't forget the Western period................Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Lawman, Rifleman, Checkmate, Big Valley..................and the spaghetti Western movies that I would never think of going to see these days!!

5. NiteStar

NiteStar Guest

Some of the shows mentioned in this thread are still on in reruns on my cable.

6. reggae

reggae Guest

Mal...Soupy was my favorite! White Fang, Black Tooth, Pookie :) Back in the 50's, here in the Detroit area, he was on at lunch time. We'd watch when we came home from school for lunch.....

So many great ones already mentioned, but I have a crazy one here...

I love to watch "What's My Line" (it's on here at 3:00 AM) When they had the mystery guest, and it was someone like Ronald Reagan (he was just an "actor"), or Edward G. Robinson, or Lucy.... Often, they talk about current events at that time too, back in the 50's. All of this when there was no "politically correct", it seems strange. Also, they sit there and smoke while they do the show, can you imagine???

Then there's the Match Game...my kids love it!

7. Karry

Karry Guest

Oh, Reggae, the Match Game was great. With Gene Rayburn. Soupy with the pie in his face :) Game shows I loved were Password, Pyramid and Press Your Luck!

8. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Oh, of course, Dynasty! I loved the cat fights between Crystal and Alexis.

My old boss used to own a hot night club in LA, right next door to a night club owned by Joan Collins. Joan's didn't attract the same young lively crowd that Walter's did... he had some interesting stories about my favorite vixen.

My Mother the Car was pretty funny. Loved watching F Troop! Used to make me laugh as a little girl. And the Phil Silvers Show, my dad's favorite, so we all watched.

9. reggae

reggae Guest

Karry, my kids really get a kick out of Match Game...they want to know if people really dressed like that in the 70's :lol :lol :lol

10. rhen33

rhen33 Guest

Dean Martin Roasts. Loved it.

11. sage

sage Guest

WKRP was a favorite around here.

12. r8derfan

r8derfan Guest

Hobo Kelly, it was a Kids show in California in the 60's.

13. Karry

Karry Guest

Hogan's Heroes! :grin