Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

New charges for Pinnacle Grill

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by sage, Sep 10, 2006.

1. sage

sage Guest

The "other" boards are filled with the news that there has been a price increase for the popular Pinnacle Grill. Does anyone know if there will be menu changes, or if they will still offer lunch?

2. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

On October 1st, the charge will increase to $30.00 per person. Half-price for first night has been eliminated. :(

I'll check on your other questions tomorrow when the proper department is open.

3. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Yes.......

I've been told there are going to be changes to the dinner menu, daily specials and other extras not now offered in Pinnacle. The increased charge is effective October 1.

Lunch price will remain the same (for now).

4. And they will honor reservations made prior to Oct 1 at $20 per person for future cruises.

5. sail

Have you pre-booked the Pinnacle for any of your up-coming cruises??

6. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

No, KK.....we haven't.

We have four future cruises booked and we will most likely continue to dine in Pinnacle on each of those cruises but we have never booked in advance and are not going to start to now.

We like to wait until we are aboard and make our bookings through the Concierge. If, for whatever reason, they can't accomodate us on our first choice of evenings, we'll go another.

Are you going to pre-book?

7. earl_m

earl_m Guest

CAn you reserve directly with HAL or is it with your TA only.

8. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

You can book directly with HAL through Ships Services.
    Here is the number, Earl.

800-541-1576

9. sage

sage Guest

Thanks everyone for the replies. We are looking forward to our next cruise on HAL in April.

10. sail

We haven't decided what to do yet.

11. Earl

We always call ship services and book the Pinnacle on our own.

The only thing our TA does for us is to book the cruise. We do everything else ourselves - hotels, air, shore excursions, etc.

12. bar_20

bar_20 Guest

We are getting a free dinner for two in the Pinnicle Grill as part of our cruise package sailing October 7th on the Zaandam. I plan to do a review of the cruise so I will let everybody know if it is worth the extra $30.00 p/p.

Steve & Donalee
    Zaandam 10/7-10/22 to Hawaii

13. bar_20

Many of us have dined at the Pinnacle many, many times.

What we will all be curious about: change of menu and if there are any specials.

14. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Got the word from a 'very good source' :wink

There will be specials daily and other extras that are not currently offered in Pinnacle. It is going to be more than what it basically now ---a very good steak house.

15. sage

sage Guest

Sail,

Thanks. It sounds it may be worth dining there a couple of times to enjoy all that may be on the menu.

16. earl_m

earl_m Guest

KK ! On the other thread you said that you can reserve before sailing .
    but you don't have to book a time then.
    Can you reserve on the same day and what time is closing at night.
    thanks

17. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I'm not KK but in response.....

You can try to book a Pinnacle reservation on the same day but don't be disappointed if you are told they are full and cannot take any more bookings.

I think the last reservation for Pinnacle is probably 8:30 to 9:00 ....... the last seating time in the dining room is 8:30.

18. What we have done in the past is is to call ship services and buy a couple of dinners - not asking for any specific date. Then once we are on the ship, we go to the Pinnacle, ask to see their list for formal, etc nights, and then make our reservations right there and then.

In you cabin there will be the daily program which will also list the days and what the dress code will be for each day of the cruise. But we don't like to wait until we get to our cabin which is usually around 1:30.

19. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Why do you pre-pay before you get to the ship, KK?

I'm not sure I understand what is the purpose of paying for 'open reservations'.

Why not, when you are on the ship, book the nights you want, go and enjoy your dinner and pay at that time?

(Sure, now with the price increase, I understand those who are pre-paying in order to avoid paying the higher price but I don't understand why pre-pay when the price is the same.)

20. Just a habit we got into. It did helps one time to get a reservation for a specific night and we showed the maitre'd our pre-paid card.

Don't know what we will do in the future.