Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

New Here

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by LUV2Cruz2, May 28, 2004.

1. LUV2Cruz2

LUV2Cruz2 Guest

Hi Everyone,
    Is this board for everyone? Any topics to stay away from? New people welcomed?

2. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

=welcome Of course newbies are welcomed! Glad you found us!

This board is the Carnival board on our site. There are many other boards, including the "Community Board". You can pretty much get any Carnival-related questions answered here....and probably lots of other ones, too! The folks on the board are very knowledgeable! If you have questions about other lines or specific ports, there are also boards related to those topics....just click above to go to the other boards!

As far as topics to stay away from.....well if you take a peek at some of the recent posts you'll see a few topics that raise hairs. But....no matter your question you'll find an answer. :grin

3. coffeecups

coffeecups Guest

This board is truly for everyone. It is an excellent, if not the best place to find infor or inquire about anything. There is a board for each particular ship and then also a community board where they comminucate about anything.

Now, they did have a recent post about formal night. Some people don't like to dress but want to eat in the resturant on formal night. Others like to dress at least once on the cruise an appreciate having a formal night or two.

We did also have a very long thread on 'tops optional' which is a small deck by the funnel of the ship.

Overall, You will love it here.

coffeecups

4. LUV2Cruz2

LUV2Cruz2 Guest

Oh jeez...Formal night! Sometimes I like to dress for it and sometimes I just "order in" or eat at the Lido.

These boards are really fun. I've been on other message boards, but not this one. Are most of the people who post here regularly veteran cruisers? I was thinking maybe I got into a board that was kind of like a clique..and I wouldn't want to intrude.

5. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

Jorjy,

You catch on fast! You already know how to use the icons and everything! :lol

We have cruisers of all "levels" here....those that have been on many, many cruises, those who are preparin for their very first one and those who have been on one or two but are @ddicted!

A lot of us "know" each other on the board....mostly through chatting, emailing, etc...but many @ddicts have actually met face to face. That's OK, though....we are always happy to see new faces!

Mosey on over to the Community Board and introduce yourself!

6. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

Welcome :wave Pull up a chair and enjoy yourself.... :)

7. Welcome love2cruz2....sit back and enjoy !! I am sort of a newbie too, well at least I was the other day...It was I who started the whole nude deck thing question, LOL . Well, I was just curious, someone had told me there was one but I didn't believe them!

And the infamous "formal night" thread is treacherous....enter at your own risk...have to say though, I got myself in a little hot water there. But it's over or at least I hope it is now. No hard feelings out there I hope....just a few comments touched a spark in me and oh well beings I was born with a big mouth, I had to post my comments. But like I said, Hope it's over.

Happy sailing and welcome aboard !

8. LUV2Cruz2

LUV2Cruz2 Guest

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
    Hot topics don't bother me. I'm not new to message boards just this one! I can get a little riled too, but no big deal...we all have our pet peeves and we all have a breaking point at one time or another.

Once on another board a bunch of us got to know eachother and we all met up on a Celebrity cruise. It was lots of fun. There must have been about 14 or 15 of us and we had the best time for 10 whole days. We often shared meals together and other ship activities. Some of us stayed in touch for years afterwards.

I live in Central Florida where's everyone else from, if you don't mind me asking. Maybe someday we can all catch a cruise together.

I think I may go over to the community board and introduce myself. I was born into a seafaring family from Maine so ships and water are in my blood. I think I've got the blood of some old salts running through my veins!

It's fun yakking with other cruise lovers.

9. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

=welcome to Cruise @ddicts

10. megamind

megamind Guest

Welcome to this board. I was a newbie a few months back and now I feel right at home. ALL the people here are really great. We are all addicts to cruising. And, that is what bonds us together. I have not been to any other boards, as, I found I was welcomed here and felt right at home. There is some great humor on these boards. What is great to me is that with hundreds of people on this board everyone has an opinion and it is so diversified. That way I can make an informed decision about a cruise because it will have been discussed pro and con. How boring it would be if we all did think alike. Even with 9 cruises under our belts, I still learn every time I come to these boards. It is amazing. I don't think there isn't anything about crusing that could not be found with all the combined brains that are here. Post often. Oh, and a big Hello from Port Canaveral.

Megamind

11. Lady2fan

Lady2fan Guest

I'm pretty new here myself, but I kept my mouth shut on the formal wear thread......IMHO I believe formal means formal.
    I'm from New York, theLower Hudson Valley.

JoAnn

12. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

I'm from Sunny Phoenix, Arizona. Well...near Phoenix, anyway!

13. Baystate

Baystate Guest

=welcome =clap I found this place a little over a year ago and it's great. I've only been on one cruise myself (Paradise last Oct.), but there are so many on this board that have a wealth of information. I find it amazing how many cruises some have been on. Ah, something to aim for.

14. I'm from beautiful Poconos Pennsylvania. I agree, people here are so nice. And a wealth of information is right at your fingertips.

15. LUV2Cruz2

LUV2Cruz2 Guest

Never been to Phoenix, but been to Pa...the Western side and once took a driving trip from Pittsburgh to Philly. Beautiful state.

16. Jim Elliott

Jim Elliott Guest

We are also new on the board. We go on our first cruise June 7-13 on the Inspiration. I have been lurking here learning everything I can about what to expect and what to pack etc. I learned more than I ever wanted about what everyone thinks of Formal Night, but it was good to know and God Forbid if you save a chair with a towel (LOL). This board has been EXTREMELY helpful to me in preparing for our cruise!

17. LUV2Cruz2

LUV2Cruz2 Guest

I missed the thing about saving a chair with a towel. What happens? Do you have to walk the plank or something? :flog

18. littlebobdog

littlebobdog Guest

LUV2Cruz2 wrote:

> I missed the thing about saving a chair with a towel. What
    > happens? Do you have to walk the plank or something? >

:lol :lol :lol

19. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

Hello and WELCOME :wave

I Love the Carnival board. I post on the main message board too and check it daily, but I don't know why, I always end up here. I have been on 3 cruises, coming to @ddicts here after booking the first in 2002 and my first post back then was in the "what to wear on formal night" questions...but we didn't have seperate boards back then, it was on the main board :lol

This is a great place to learn about cruising, and have fun!

20. mike-suz

mike-suz Guest

Welcome to the party!!! We're from Spting Hill / Brooksville Fl.