Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

New Here

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by LUV2Cruz2, May 28, 2004.

1. dusty

dusty Guest

welcome, welcome, welcome

when i first started posting i was very worried also about asking the right things and wondering if i would embarress myself. well, i still embarress myself but what the heck. i have learned so much and beleive me my first cruise was so much nicer and easier because of what i asked and learned here on the boards.

so jump in, ask away and dont be afraid to let us know your tips and opinons on things as well. after your cruise you will have great things to tell us and we will look forward to reading them.

good to have you here.

2. coffeecups

coffeecups Guest

It was a review about someone thanking someone here about using the bungee cord for the balcony door that led me here. They had also said in the review that they had met many nice people and learned enough to be prepared to have a fantastic cruise. HOw righjt they were.

ps yesterday I finally bought those bungee cords at the dollar store for this month's cruise. wow- four 30 inch bungee cords for one dollar (plus tax). can't wait to sleep while listening to the waves.

coffeecups

3. beccabt

beccabt Guest

Hey Mike -Suz my mom lives near you, in Homosassa. I love driving through Brooksville, it look like a great place to live. I live in Port Charlotte( south of Sarasota)

4. LUV2Cruz2

LUV2Cruz2 Guest

Hey Mike-Suz
    Did you ever take a cruise on the old Regal Empress when she was going out of Port Manatee? I really liked that old ship. I was on her a couple of times before she was sold. That was a fun little old classic ocean liner.

5. MoJo2Rusty

MoJo2Rusty Guest

Welcome =welcome. I'm pretty new here. Going on my second cruise 12-05-04 on the Conquest. Cruised the Triumph in 02.
    I have learned so much on this board to get ready for the Dec cruise.
    I'm from Southwest Missouri.

6. Welcome MoJo

7. Hi Everyone! I'm new to this website too. My husband and I are going on our first cruise on June 13th, on the Carnival Elation. We live in Reno, NV but we're originally from Northern CA. We're so excited to go on the cruise!!

:CA :NV

8. Hope you have a wonderful time !! Be sure to write a review and share your great experience with everyone.

9. See, this is why I love this place! Everyone here is so friendly and helpful and willing to share with each other. Hi and welcome to all newbies! I've been here a couple of months now (I think) and I have learned so much from the folks here. I'm from Appling, Ga and we sail the Triumph on June 19th! Any information about the ship is greatly appreciated!

10. deb79ob

deb79ob Guest

=welcome I'm new here too. My husband & I will be on the Triumph this coming Saturday. We're from Olive Branch, MS, right outside of Memphis, TN. This will be our third cruise. The first two were on the Enchanted Isle several years ago.

:newbie

11. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

=welcome all!

You guys will love the Triumph! We had so much fun when we sailed her last year. Don't miss the piano bar, the adult comedians or sandwiches from NY Deli!

12. Thanks Lizardstew! So, the rated "R" comedians are worth checking out? We were trying to decide if that was something we wanted to do.

deb70ob, I guess you will be on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, huh? Please let me know how it is when you return because we will be doing the Eastern Caribbean as well.

13. deb79ob

deb79ob Guest

Freddies Food Slave,
    Sure thing. Too bad ya'll aren't going with us.

I'm so excited, I'm driving my husband crazy. I'm sure we're all going to have a great time.

:thumb

14. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

FFS - There were three adult comedians and two of them were so funny....I mean OH MY GOODNESS, I was laughing so hard. The third (and last) was just OK. He should have gone first....he may have been funnier if he hadn't followed the other two!

15. Great! I can't wait to see them then Lizard! That will be a great way to kill time until the clubs get hopping!!

deb, I know, I wish we could be going together! I hope ya'll have a blast and that the weather is awesome!! Do you know what excursions you'll be doing yet? Have you booked any that are NOT through Carnival??

16. deb79ob

deb79ob Guest

FFS,
    Haven't booked excursions yet. We'll probably wait til we get on the ship. I don't want to wait too long though. I would hate for them to get booked up. It's just hard for me to get my husband to make up his mind about anything too far in advance. I'm lucky I got him to commit to this cruise.

:wave

17. bippytrip

bippytrip Guest

cantwaittosail,

Where about in the Pocono's. Tannersville? Mount Pocono? Stroudsburg?
    I'm from down below Hazleton. We visit Tannersville area quite a bit, and love the Nascar in the Poconos. Have friends up by Albrightsville. Maybe we will sail together one day.
    Love this board.

18. Bippytrip,

I live in Weatherly...what town do you live in? I love this board too.

1995 NCL Dreamward
    9/04 Carnival Legend

19. Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time and we can't wait either! UGH... 13 more days!!!!

Michelle

:CA :NV