New York to Bahamas cruise in December? Will it be very cold on board?

Gong on a cruise from NY to Bahamas, etc and back to New York Nov 28-Dec 5.

Is it safe to say that I should bring winter clothign along with summer clothing?

Corky

I've been over NYE, and for on-board comfort I only needed a sweater. Others, who are more cold bloodied may wear winter type clothing.

Charles

Captain Weather
The first and last days at sea will be chilly outside. I'd bring what you'd wear in the late fall or early spring, and prepare to have a sweater handy.

Karry

I love about 20 minutes from the Manhattan cruise terminal and I'll tell ya....even in MAY it can be chilly on the deck/balcony sailing out! :bang: Definitely pack at least a sweatshirt with a hood. IMO a lined waterproof jacket would be your best bet in case of rain.

Karry

mary (op) The "factor" is the wind. No matter when you sail out or about you are going to get some wind and in November/December here it is obviously going to be a COLD wind. Might even be "bitingly cold" lol. :( You DON'T want to miss your sail out and in to Manhattan. So pack some warm clothes to wear on deck/on your balcony. I'm sure they will keep the interior of the ship comfortable enough for you to wear summery clothes, but then again, I always think it is chilly in there too! :duh: BTW, Lady Liberty will be on the starboard side as you are sailing out. Get a good seat and don't miss sailing under the V/N Bridge either! :boogie:

For traveling out of and back to NY, it will be cold. In my experience, the last time I was in the Bahamas for Christmas it was high 70's and beautiful!!! Enjoy..