Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

newcomer questions

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by boatnewbie, Apr 13, 2004.

1. wildvoodoo

wildvoodoo Guest

Hi! Can anyone tell me whether there is likely to be any "noise" problems if my cabin is on the Navigation Deck below the Lido Restaurant/Buffet? Thanks and regards!

2. wildvoodoo

wildvoodoo Guest

Also, has anyone who has cruised on one of the Vista class ships stayed in one of the SS cabins? (superior verandah suite or minin-suite) Wondering what to expect...

3. bep_sf

bep_sf Guest

WildV--

Check out my review on this site for Oosterdam (2-22-04 cruise) to get a feel for an SS - We were on Navigation Deck (below the Lido Cafe) and didn't hear a single thing from above, below or either side unless we stepped out onto the verandah.

I'd be perfectly thrilled to go in SS8086 again...

Enjoy!

Brian

Post Edited (04-23-04 13:57)

4. wildvoodoo

wildvoodoo Guest

Brian:

Thanks so much for the reply -- I recall reading your review (which was excellent and very detailed by the way) and am glad to know that noise won't be a problem...We'll be in 8080, which would be quite close to your 8086. Of course the Alaska destination will change things a bit from your cruise but it sounded like you really enjoyed the Oosterdam...Any advice or suggestions?

Regards