• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NHL Cruise @ddict Hockey Pool...... .OK lets do it.

Lurline63

Re: NHL Cruise @ddict Hockey Pool...... Game ON

Fantastic Bruins-Leafs game last night! Loving Tuukka Rask! But, I'm sad to see Vancouver go as I absolutely adore their anthem singer.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
About the only thing to Like about the Canucks these days. :biggrin:

GM had short presser this Noon. Didn't fire coach or himself... yet ! Can he fire himself ? I wonder.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Landscape changed as expected last night;

Hawks go forward So..... Tobin & Christopher are safe and into the next round.

over in Hab country. They are still blaming the ref and Earl has left the Pool

We finally saw Sid the Kid woke up and they went up 3-2 games on the Islanders.

Tonight 4 games and the whole thing should be settled soon. For sure when I get back from a weekend respite. Well I'm not sure about the Rangers / Caps.

Going to Seattle ...not sure they even get hockey on TV there lol.

TTFN

Funnel

Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor
Re: NHL Cruise @ddict Hockey Pool...... GAme ON

What's with those Sharks. The knuckle heads are once again just bait. Bye Bye PopCorn, TAngo55 and Funnel Sad but true the first team out once again. Heads will roll.
What a surprise... :biggrin:
Only positive thing is that the Swedish twins will be heading home to help the Swedish national team to reach the play off in the World Championship. Even if they are "loosers" they will be a big help for us (oh yes, we need them badly)... :whistle:

Good luck to all of you that are still hanging in there!

/Erik

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
The Landscape is changing and will change into the 2 nd round after tonight.
Leafs/Boston Game 7
Caps/Rangers Game 7

In already: LA/Blues/Sharks/Detroit/Chicago/Ottawa

C@Pool complete update after games tonight....

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
One of the best series in recent yrs. Two well coached clubs and thay played every game like they meant it. LA Might not have much left for the next round after that one.

Lurline63

The first two periods of last night's Bruins-Leafs game reminded me why I enjoy hockey so much. Most exciting 40 minutes of hockey I've seen in a long time! My Bruins just need to pull it out tonight at home.

I have a question about the pool, though. It's possible we might have four teams in the next round that nobody selected. What happens if those teams move on?

randy

Boston showed what they were made of--I guess the Rangers did too. Good games for both teams, although the Caps folded up their tent in the second period and never came back on the ice. Now the cheese gets binding...
Let's go Wings!

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I have a question about the pool, though. It's possible we might have four teams in the next round that nobody selected. What happens if those teams move on?
The pool always is won by the last @ddict in. So it still could be lots of people. ;) Especially all those that took Boston. lol. If everyone goes out at once or say two folks have the team last in Corky holds a draw in her living room at high noon on the chosen day. Her rules. lol

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Wow last night was unreal. Can you beLeaf what happened. CAps go missing and the Leafs fell in the third. UnbeLeafable.

ANYHOW:

Here's whats goin' on in the @dict pool now:

RANDY & REGGAE ARE head to head with TOBYN & CHRISTOPHER DETROIT VS CHICAGO

LURLINE is Head to head with no one BOSTON VS new york

GRAM AND EINSTEIN up against no one also Ottawa Vs PITTSBURGH
Pretty simple. eh! It was so much easier this year to pick a team when you could pick a team that was actually going to be in the play offs.

I'm thinking that the Rangers will likely have an easy start with Boston going to game 7 but that Vancouver kid on Boston has turned into a bit of a beast and could straighten their ship after a couple of games. Should be a tight series. Rangers could be the surprise team this year.

Detroit Chicago an Original six matchup . Too close to call with Detroit figuring out how to play again. For sure we will lose two @ddicts in that match up.

Senators and Pittsburgh if the Ottawa goalie can stand on his head again that could be a good series also. Last Canadian team in. Go Senators. :clap:

Out West the LA Kings and the Sharks play quietly without support.....but either team will be trouble for the east when that series is over.

Interesting Geography this yr. All teams playing in their own time zone for a change. Next round will be different for two teams. Makes a huge difference I think.

Good Luck everybody.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Well Boston and the Rangers are yet to play (2 night) but the other 1st games were handled quite easily by LA/Chicago and Pittsburgh..sign of things to come ?

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Well is there anything better in Sports than a game SEVEN. And we get another one tonight.. LA went forward last night.

In the East waiting are Boston and Pittsburgh with @addicts on both sides so we will have someone in the finals for sure

In the West we will have @ddicts still alive one way or another in the West Final but we are not guaranteed a match up in the Cup finals just yet. Someone will be dropped tonight. :(

I'll Update everything tomorrow.

randy

Sigh. Season's over, Wings are on the golf course...four months of tough sledding 'till the preseason starts.
Guess I can cheer for the B's.
:madd: