Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

NHL Stanley Cup Play Off pool... the Cruise @ddicts Pool 201ll

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by BSeabob, Apr 11, 2011.

1. BSeabob

BSeabob Reinststed due to good behavior-Subject to change Staff Member

After a very tough season here we go in the worlds hardest Playoffs in Pro Sports. Just a short note to those that may be reading for the first time about this challenge. For several yrs. now we have picked the Winner of the Stanley Cup in late October. Just for fun and bragging rights. We got to pick just the winner.... that's it. Surprisingly we do real well and several years have more than just one winner.

Here's the final Set up for the playoffs followed by the names of the @addicts that find them selves still in the pool.

Washington Vs New York Rangers
    Philadelphia vs Buffalo
    Boston vs Montreal
    Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay

Vancouver vs Chicago
    San Jose vs Los Angeles
    Detroit vs Phoenix
    Anaheim vs Nashville

So here are the friendly matchups:

Tango 55, BHW, Radiance and Popcorn vs. Lisa

Ship Maven and Calgon1 vs Nobodies Wings

Corky vs Nobodies Ducks

Nieciez vs Redstripe, Einstein

Earl_m vs Linda & Jim

Randy and Sportscruiser vs Nobodies New York Rangers.

Bread, Gram & Tobyn vs Nobodies Tampa Bay

ON the Sidelines after a very tough season JEM in Carolina, Keith & Rita, and good old Whimsey in St Louis, and Cruise Cutie in Colorado....... and Jamman in New Jersey.
    Honourable mention after being eliminated after the first day of the Season one again bOB and his famous JHP's.

This year I have been contacted by one of our very own talented Cruise @ddicts who has offered up one of their HandyWorks as a Major Prize... not sure if it's a perpetual trophy and you have to give it back or you get to keep it. :biggrin:
    But it really is going to be Major not like yrs past.:diablo:

Now even I can see that their are some real mismatches here and I encourage all to join in with idle threats and prognostications....

Game ON

PS: If anybody sees errors in this chart please feel free to contact a moderator at their convenience.

2. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be funny if one of the Nobodies won. :hammer: :biggrin:

3. nieciez

nieciez Well-Known Member Community Sponsor

Ahhh, so I did go with the team from where I grew up (Phila Flyers) not the state I grew up in (Jersey Devils) or the area I now live (Washinton Caps). So what out Red and E, here come the Flyers after ya!
    [​IMG]

4. randy

randy Well-Known Member

Let's Go Caps! (Please?)
    [​IMG]

5. BSeabob

Hows Jamman feeling this Morning ??

6. earl_m

earl_m Social Host

Linda and Jim!!I am sorry but you are going down.GO HABS GO!!!!

7. Whimsy

Whimsy Well-Known Member

Good luck to everyone's favorite team in the play offs!

8. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

I think the Finals for the Stanley Cup should be played on the rink on the Oasis of the Seas. Neutral ice for both teams .... Make it a two week cruise, with the loosers being thrown off the ship after the final game!

[​IMG]

(See? There I go thinking, again!)

9. BSeabob

Having seen the Mariner's ice surface I guess if we kept the number of players to 2.5 aside we would entertain that thought. Of course the goaler can't leave the crease at all and "The Singers and Dancers" will perform.

10. BSeabob

Where did all the Detroit fans go ????

11. tango55

tango55 Well-Known Member

How are we going to split the prize 4 ways when Vancouver wins???

Go CANUCKS Go!!

Terry

12. BSeabob

Not likely to be a problem :biggrin:

13. earl_m

earl_m Social Host

Surely you are joking!!!!!

14. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

Good luck to the winner

If I was playing, my vote would be Phila

15. randy

randy Well-Known Member

Well, BSeabob you know I am a die-hard Wingnut but since I picked the Caps I have to stick with them until at least the East is set in stone! THEN, I can only hope for a Wings-Caps final, which will put severe stress on my marriage and perhaps upon my fellow fans in section 424 when I show up at the Verizon Center in my Chelios sweater!
    [​IMG]

16. reggae

reggae Well-Known Member

Well, I'm still here Just didn't enter your contest this year, since I have already won....

Lots of Red Wings Fever around here now, though, as always....dang brooms everywhere....:hammer:

17. BSeabob

Huh ? I thought he played for Chicago and before that Montreal :biggrin: Which sweater you got ??

18. BSeabob

Well glad your watchin' I think the prize will actually be worth shipping this yr. :)

19. red stripe

red stripe Well-Known Member

Bob.. who am I supposed to be pulling for this year? I inscribed it in stone somewhere.. but the tablet broke......

20. randy

randy Well-Known Member

What?! You mean there's hockey life BEFORE you are a Redwing? Does this mean Rafalski and Modano have had a previous life prior to donning the Winged Wheel? I'm so confused and disillusioned!