Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

No More Carnival for me

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by jester95008, Apr 23, 2004.

1. jester95008

jester95008 Guest

I feel after my most recent cruise with Carnival , the nightlife has vanished , the fun in The Fun Ship is dissappated. I didn't have very much fun on the Ecstasy 4-day recently and need to have a lot of single women on these things to make it exciting I'm thinking Celebrity or RCL for women in their 30s or late 20s .. Guys , what do ya think?

2. pnorth

pnorth Guest

Oh Please don't give up..

Post Edited (04-23-04 12:21)

3. cruisegary

cruisegary Guest

Are you saying there were not enough single women and that is why you no longer like Carnival?

4. Stringray64

Stringray64 Guest

They do have singles cruises...why not try one of those...

5. jester95008

jester95008 Guest

well there's a number of things ,
    1) I think Carnival is for the inexperienced cruiser
    2) mainly families , seniors, and teens w/ parents go .
    3) I've never tried a dif. cruise line
    4) I felt like an old man (30) standing in the dance club

6. Mr. Utley

Mr. Utley Guest

Go during spring break and hang out in the Karaoke lounge.

7. PEB

PEB Guest

I don't know about RCCL because I have not been on them but I sure wouldn't try Celebrity to find what you say you want in a cruise LOL. Celebrity sure does not cater to the 20's and 30's crowd or the nightlife crowd, at least not when I have been on them. Celebrity is a good line and is a very nice cruise experience but it did not seem to meet your expectations and it does not portray itself to meet your expectations.

Perhaps trying Carnival at a different time you may find what you want also.

8. Kensterfly

Kensterfly Guest

<< I didn't have very much fun on the Ecstasy 4-day recently and need to have a lot of single women on these things to make it exciting I'm thinking Celebrity or RCL for women in their 30s or late 20s .. Guys , what do ya think?>>

I think you need to take your own woman!

9. prettygigi

prettygigi Guest

You're telling me that there is more night life/disco on a Royal Cruise? With a straight face?

When did you sail? I bet that has a lot to do with it...

I just got off the Fascination (my second cruise in less than a month) and I am sorry but I can't even speak! MY voice is GONE!!!!

Waaaaayyyy too much fun!

10. jester95008

jester95008 Guest

Come on Ken , .... mark and remember ! - " Never take seashells to the beach since you can find new ones to pick up there! " ;)

11. prettygigi

prettygigi Guest

Jester,

Oh honey no wonder you could not find any women!

12. jester95008

jester95008 Guest

why do you say that ? GiGi?

13. Mr. Utley

Mr. Utley Guest

Her ego is as big as yours, Jester. Read the topless sunbathing thread.

14. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

a'right....A'RIGHT ALREADY!!!!!!! :lol That's nuf bashing here! :lol Jester..as stated above, it depends on the time of year ya go. Spring break you'll definately find the party atmosphere your looking for.

Summer cruises you'll find more families. After september when all the kiddies are back in school, Carnival Ships return to normal. No Screaming kiddies running up and down the hallways, playing with the elevators and most importand no loozer boozer croozers.

When I sailed Carnival Legend leaving NY last year the last day in May, It was quite the nice crowd. As per the purser's desk there were less then 100 kiddies. Made for a nice time.

Just for a different flavor, another mass market cruise would be Royal Carribean. You won't find the atmosphere your looking for on HAL, Celebrity, or Princess, don't even think about Cunard! :lol

15. beccabt

beccabt Guest

hey jester- you ARE an old man at (30) at least thats what my hubby (28) tells me(31) ha ha

16. Camelia

Camelia Guest

I didn't have very much fun on the Ecstasy 4-day recently and need to have a lot of single women on these things to make it exciting I'm thinking Celebrity or RCL for women in their 30s or late 20s

if you talk like you write - no wonder you didn't meet any women :)

17. FLBRATT

FLBRATT Guest

I pray that cruises don't turn into "horn dog men with cheesy lines" trying to pick us up.
    I am a single woman and just got done cruising the Sensation(I took my 14 yr old son) and wasn't looking for company. But there were alot of single people on the cruise. I had a blast....and plan on going back again next month.
    I guess different people go on cruises for different reasons ;-)

18. glamatomic

glamatomic Guest

I'm 21, and I'll be travelling on the 4-Day Baja Mexico cruise with 3 other girls in their early-mid 20s in October... so that really sux that it's not fun anymore =/ Haha oh well we'll make it fun. =)

19. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

If picking up a broad is your purpose in life, why spend the money to cruise, go to your local bar(s).

20. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

According to your countdown clock you are planning on another Carnival cruise =shrug on the same ship?