• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

No More Carnival for me

L

lizardstew

Well, I personally am not single, but I sailed the Ecstasy with a bunch of single women a while ago...we're in our early 30's. We saw tons of other singles too.

I agree that the time of year will definitely matter. Or, you could try a cruise of a longer duration. Usually people have the opposite gripe about Carnival...that there is too much partying. I definitely don't think you'll find what you're looking for on Celebrity and although you have a decent chance of finding singles on a RCI ship, I think you should give Carnival another try.

B

beccabt

I don't think theres anything wrong with Jester trying to meet women on his cruise. Hasn't anyone here see the Loveboat? lol Its hard for single people to meet new people sometimes, so as long as he's not being a jerk to the women, or frequenting the topless deck (!) by himself I say go for it. ha ha

L

lainie

Hey Ken. Sorry to hear that. We were just on the Legend in February and LOVED it and we JUST GOT OFF THE GLORY TODAY and it was AWESOME!!! :dance :dance :dance

C

Cricket

I have always considered the Carnival Cruise Line to be the top line to meet other singles. Celebrity would be a big mistake if that is your intention. It is well known to having older, more mature passengers on board. Spring break is definitely the time to go for you Jester. Of course, at 30 you still will be the "older man" between the college kids. I do know what you mean about the nightlife kind of vanishing though. I noticed the dance floors in the discos were taken over by the teens. If I was you, I would invite someone I know and enjoy a cruise that you didn't have to be "cruising" on. That way, the heck with looking for women that might or might not be there. You can relax and enjoy the companion and still check out the "scenery"!

J

Jeff & Susana

<<I didn't have very much fun on the Ecstasy 4-day recently and need to have a lot of single women on these things to make it exciting >>

I have fun all the time but I don't need a lot of women around me...........

............2 or 3 is fine.

They do not need to be single either..........

.........married women can be fun also.

In fact, if they happen to be sisters all the better................

Works for me! :)

P

prettygigi

Thank YOU Camelia and FLBrat for seeing what I saw!

Men, don't get offended when we point out that your lines are cheesy! We're just doing you a favor!

Or you REALLY think we're going to go: "Oh, so women are the seashells and the ship is the beach... ohh witty, please sir lets have sex!"

????

Well good luck anyway!

And my ego is not big!

M

Mr. Utley

Gi Gi,

OK, maybe your ego isn't as big as Jester's, who posted a picture of himself and Jennifer Love Hewitt, but you do call yourself "prettygigi." I, myself go with the more humble "Mr. Utley" (Jimmy Buffet's original organ player), although I did indulge myself by signing off as "El Guapo of North America" in my April 12 review of the Paradise. I have enjoyed reading your posts.

Greg

S

Sophie

jester - there were alot of single people on our cruise. i see your point though, if i were single, i would want to be on a cruise with alot of single people too. however!!! us old married women are fun too! lol. so try the single cruises next time - good luck in your endeavor to find the perfect shell on that beach! lol :)

P

prettygigi

Hi Mr. Utley,

I see what you're saying. So you think you're better than me??? LOL Just kidding.

I just though pretygigi was cute, that and my real name in spanish literally translates to beautiful... But my niece could not say it when she was a baby and kept calling me "yeye" (for Bella).... I hate it because people think I'm conceited, so nowadays I go with Gigi...

AND KEN, what the hell? You don't even know me man! Besides, I'm happily married. So there.

P

prettygigi

We should start a thread with all the cheesy lines men (and women) have used on the other singles on board! And also with the most crazy excuses we come up with!!

I remembered this guy wanted to dance with me and I didn't wanto to only because he seemed so much younger than me, he was like 18. When I said I had to go to the bathroom he offered to walk me there... So I said he couldn't and he said "why?" and I went on about how I was a paid investigator and was on the ship undercover looking for things that go wrong on a cruise (Hey! I'm who doesn't) LOL!!!

He was so drunk he bought the whole thing!

M

Mr. Utley

Gi Gi,

Since you are self-conscious about using the name "prettygigi," you must really be pretty! (was that a good line?)

Mr. U

P

prettygigi

Hey Mr. Utley, you're learning!
Beccabt, I hate my name!!!! I am thinking of having it changed legally. Belle is not that bad though, but how would you like it if your name was Beautiful?...

It's like, "hi, who are you?"
"I'm Beautiful"
"boy, are you conceited! jajaja!!"

Yeah, great...

Gigi

B

beccabt

Hi Gigi, Mostly i don't like it because its sounds kinda dumb and when I was a kid I got teased a lot, I was friends in high school with a girl whos name was Darling. That was her actual name. Can you imagine? Trust me, it may have been her name but that girl was rotten! We had so much fun together ha ha .So why don't you just post a picture already? At least that would satisfy Mr. Utleys curiosity. lol

Post Edited (04-29-04 18:41)

T

terri910

If you like nightlife, don't go on NCL....hubby and I went on an NCL cruise out of Galveston. No lie, one night we went to the disco at 10 p.m. and there was no one else there, except the bartenders.

Mind you, you could get knocked down by the people with walkers when it was time for the midnight buffet!!