• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

No Self Service Laundry

D

Donna55

Just found out that on the new HAL Zuiderdam they do not have any self service laundrys.

S

Stargazerm31

That is correct. That is the new style of ship that Carnival, Celebrity, and RCCL are using with the very narrow decks. They don't have room for laundry.

D

Doone

Not sure about anyone else, but on a 10 day cruise or longer, I like having the self service laundry. I am sorry and very disappointed not to see self service laundry on the new Vista Style ships.

S

sail7seas

You're on vacation.....Enjoy!! Let someone else to the few things you absolutely HAVE to have laundered before you return home. How many hotels/resorts have you stayed in that have self-service laundries? I have never in 40 years of travel ever seen washers/dryers in any hotel we have stayed in....and that's ALOT of hotels! JMHO

S

Stargazerm31

I agree that if the cruise is longer than 7 nights, you really do need to have self serve laundry. 7-night cruise, I can get by. Oh well, keep on sailing the good old ships.

K

Kathy N

I think the self service laundries are terrific. We took advantage of them on the Grand in Sept.. Wonderful! Also, fyi the Marriott Marina in FLL has a self service laundry room with two washers and driers. Very handy for bathing suits , undies etc. during vacations, or precruise stays.

L

lougee1043

our feeling is that we are on vacation and that we would rather pack a few more items then take away from our well earned vacation time doing laundry

the only exception to the above comment was on our last cruise where we upgraded to a full suite and one of the perks is free laundry and drycleaning.

the laundry comes back on a wicker tray covered with tissue paper----very classy

S

sail7seas

lougee...isn't a nice treat to have the laundry returned in that wicker tray? Such a nice "touch".

L

lougee1043

lougee...isn't a nice treat to have the laundry returned in that wicker tray? Such a nice "touch".>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sail
and it free too if you dont figure how much more you are paying for the full suite in order to get this "free" service lol