Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

No Self Service Laundry

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by Donna55, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Donna55

Donna55 Guest

Just found out that on the new HAL Zuiderdam they do not have any self service laundrys.

2. Stargazerm31

Stargazerm31 Guest

That is correct. That is the new style of ship that Carnival, Celebrity, and RCCL are using with the very narrow decks. They don't have room for laundry.

3. cruzman

cruzman Guest

Funny, we had self service laundry on the Carnival Pride!

4. Doone

Doone Guest

Not sure about anyone else, but on a 10 day cruise or longer, I like having the self service laundry. I am sorry and very disappointed not to see self service laundry on the new Vista Style ships.

5. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

You're on vacation.....Enjoy!! Let someone else to the few things you absolutely HAVE to have laundered before you return home. How many hotels/resorts have you stayed in that have self-service laundries? I have never in 40 years of travel ever seen washers/dryers in any hotel we have stayed in....and that's ALOT of hotels! JMHO

6. Stargazerm31

Stargazerm31 Guest

I agree that if the cruise is longer than 7 nights, you really do need to have self serve laundry. 7-night cruise, I can get by. Oh well, keep on sailing the good old ships.

7. Kathy N

Kathy N Guest

I think the self service laundries are terrific. We took advantage of them on the Grand in Sept.. Wonderful! Also, fyi the Marriott Marina in FLL has a self service laundry room with two washers and driers. Very handy for bathing suits , undies etc. during vacations, or precruise stays.

8. lougee1043

lougee1043 Guest

our feeling is that we are on vacation and that we would rather pack a few more items then take away from our well earned vacation time doing laundry

the only exception to the above comment was on our last cruise where we upgraded to a full suite and one of the perks is free laundry and drycleaning.

the laundry comes back on a wicker tray covered with tissue paper----very classy

9. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

lougee...isn't a nice treat to have the laundry returned in that wicker tray? Such a nice "touch".

10. lougee1043

lougee1043 Guest

lougee...isn't a nice treat to have the laundry returned in that wicker tray? Such a nice "touch".>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sail
    and it free too if you dont figure how much more you are paying for the full suite in order to get this "free" service lol