• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Norfolk, Va. Maasdam parking

A

alwaysthinking

Leaving on Nov. 30, 2004, has anyone used the parking facility at Norfolk, Va.
If so, where is it, how much, do you pay in cash, and can you reserve ahead of time.
Lots of questions.

Post Edited (06-13-04 20:35)

S

SIGG99

Best deal we found for parking is:

Radison on Montecello - you check in night before sailing......and get Room, full breakfast, late check out, parking for the whole time (we are on a 10 day cruise leaving 10/30) and shuttle to and from the ship.........for the deal of $ 134! Since we needed parking for 10 days.....and most parking was $ 10 a day.....it's like getting the room/breakfast/shuttle for $ 34.....that's the way we are counting it......... :)

I think they call it their Park and Cruise Package! What do you think? Good luck!

G & G in Raleigh

10/30 Maasdam................. Can't wait!

M

maw

We are booked on Maasdam on the 30th also and have reservation at the Radisoon for the park and cruise good bargain we thought.

N

NorfolkSailor

If you are travelling to town by car and not spending the night in a hotel locally, you can also use the Holland lot. It is patrolled and includes shuttle sservice to the terminal (which is the Nauticus museum, currently). You can drive down and drop off your bags and then park. The lot is about a mile away. Here is the link to specifics and directions. Hope this helps.

http://www.cruisenorfolk.org/parking.html?PHPSESSID=67e8c553d86f058a2878046ff50c63d0#cedar

BTW, we are sailing with you on the 30 November cruise.

-Kevin

J

JOHN(NJ)

We are in the Raddison for Oct 30 cruise also.
Sigg99, join us over on the HAL roll call board and meet some of us that are going.

Post Edited (06-14-04 14:19)

A

alwaysthinking

Thanks for the advise. I booked the motel with the park and cruise pkg. Not a bad deal. Coming from NC, not too far to travel, however, I like to be early. I will look up the site that Norfolksailor suggested. Good reference for the next time.
Thanks all of you.,

E

Einstein

Thanx to Suer for the legwork put into finding the info on the Radison for the HAL-O-Weenie cruise as we are also going to partake in the stay & park Radison. :thumb

O

Orcrone

We live locally and won't be staying in a hotel. I assume a get together will be set up for after we're on board.

Post Edited (06-16-04 13:59)

O

Orcrone

iluvcruzin,

I appreciate the offer. But my mother is coming up from Florida on Friday to watch our daughters. So I'll only get to see her for a short while before heading off on Saturday. I'd hate to cut the visit short by heading out Friday evening. But I'd love to meet up with everyone on Saturday.

I was looking at your graphic of someone taking pictures of fish. Do you scuba or snorkel. I scuba dive and wouldn't mind a dive partner.

Marc

I

iluvcruzin

I haven't tried scuba diving yet.. Mainly because I haven't had the opportunity. There is a dive shop nearby that does the classes and certification. They also have scheduled trips. One of these days I'll partake.. For now, snorkling satisfies my urge to see fishes in the sea..

J

JOHN(NJ)

Seems like a few of us are at the Raddison on Friday. Hopefully I will have enough time to visit the Battleship Wisconsin on Friday afternoon. Friday night? I'm thinking a few of us just may happen to bump into one another and be thirsty.................

O

Orcrone

John,

The Wisconsin is still a commissioned ship and can be reactivated. As such, all interior compartments are sealed off and you can only walk around the deck. It's still interesting, and I recommend going, but most people can tour it in about half an hour to an hour. Aside from which, it's free.

Marc

Post Edited (06-18-04 09:52)

J

JOHN(NJ)

Thanks for the 411 Marc. I won't have to budget as much time. Guess I may be able to squeeze in the Nauticis museum.