• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Norway NO91

B

bljnoob

We are sailing 6/29 for 30th anniversay.. anyone familiar with cabin NO91?

Many thanks!

G

golfer1976

Hey Bonnie,

I'm not personally familiar with that cabin, but my computer says that it is only 88 square feet. Here's the info....
CABIN SELECTION NCL NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
NORWAY 06JUL03 BF*TGFNO CATEGORY: D
CABIN DECK POSITION SQ FT REMARKS BER
1 N093 NORWAY OUT-MID-STBD 96 D/NPREF/CAT-D 2
2 N098 NORWAY OUT-MID-PORT 88 D/NPREF/CAT-D 2
3 N091 NORWAY OUT-MID-STBD 88 D/NPREF/CAT-D 2
4 N169 NORWAY OUT-AFT-STBD 88 D/SMK /CAT-D 2
5 N171 NORWAY OUT-AFT-STBD 87 D/SMK /CAT-D 2
6 GUAR TO BE ASSIGNED

My system links directly with Norwegian's. You'll find that square footage of cabins on the Norway vary greatly even within the same category, which is unlike most newer "pre-fabricated" ships. For instance, cabin N095, two doors down from N091, is 143 square feet.
Maybe your travel agent can change cabins?

B

bljnoob

Thank you so much for the info! 88 sq ft .... I will definately contact TA and see if another room is available. It's our first cruise and it's obvious we are treading in uncharted waters :)

G

golfer1976

Hello again Bonnie,

Before you change cabins, ask your agent how much more it would be to upgrade to a category CC. I was looking at my system and it's only $20 per person more expensive. Ask for cabin number V125. It's 275 square feet! I'd think that spending the extra $40 would be worth almost triple the space, don't you?

A

aanowako20

I am sailing on the Norway also... I have booked a Category J guaruntee for the August 24, 2003 sailing. What does the square footage look like for a cabin in that category? Like you said, the sq ftg varies vastly, but I am curious. If you could let me know, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

G

golfer1976

Hey Aaron,

It looks like category J staterooms range from 80 to 140 square feet. And now comes the dilemma; take the cabin assignment, or settle for a large J and stick with what you got. Granted, Norwegian will oversell. This is a nasty tidbit of information, but just like an airline, Norwegian will oversell a ship (not just a cabin category) and bet on cancellations. Sometimes it works out to your advantage that they do. I have had clients that book a category AE or something, and then get a call about a month prior to sailing that they can upgrade to an AC or an AB for $100 more.

Of course, there are times when they don't have cancellations. In those cases, they will offer a full refund, put you on another sailing, pay your airline change fees, etc. I had a client on Coral Princess (I know, different line) who was on an oversold sailing. Princess offered them not only a full refund and the same category on the following sailing, but also Princess gave them their full cruise fare as an onboard credit. In other words, they got a free cruise for ten nights in a Verandah AND and onboard credit of almost $3000!

In other words, stick with the guarantee!

A

aanowako20

This is good information to know. So it must happen somewhat often that a cruise line will over sell a ship? I can understand that they want to make money, but that just sounds like a crazy idea. Oh well, I will stick with the guaruntee, and see what happens. Again, thanks for the info.