Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Norwegian Wind

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Fred, May 2, 2001.

1. Fred

Fred Guest

Hi there....taking our first cruise on June 4th on the wind........anyone sailed on her before? How was it....Thx. Fred

2. sgrane

sgrane Guest

Fred,

My wife and I sailed the Wind about 2 years ago. The Wind is about a 7 on a 1-10 scale. Not the best out there, but definetly not the worst!

The Wind has a nice atmosphere and caters to an adult crowd. Don't recall seeing many kids at all on board. NCL is a great cruise line and you will find the food is excellent!

If you are into art at all, attend an art auction onboard. You get unlimited free champagne and the art auctions themselves are fun!

One down fall is the spa. When we were onboard the spa facilities were about a 5 on the 1-10 scale and the basketball court was above the spa, which means it was tough to relax and get a massage.

The rooms were average sized for any cruiseline and the ship was very clean. Ask to be seated in the rear dining room (I think it was called the sun terrace). If you have the early seating you can watch the sun set...Its a great dining room!!!

If you have late seating then any dining room will do, as you can't see much at sea at night.

Congratulations on your first cruise! You will love it and be a cruise@ddict after that!

My wife and I have sailed NCL 9 times so if you have any specific questions feel free to e-mail me!

Smooth sailing!

Sgrane

3. Karen Ayles

Karen Ayles Guest

WE are considering a cruise on the Wind but have heard a lot of negitives about the food and cleanleness of the ship can you respont quickley as we have to make up our mind today

4. Karen Ayles

Karen Ayles Guest

WE are considering a cruise on the Wind but have heard a lot of negitives about the food and cleanleness of the ship can you respont quickley as we have to make up our mind today