Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Now you see it...

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by red stripe, Feb 7, 2011.

1. red stripe

red stripe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

and now you don't

[​IMG]

And I am very relieved to have that nightmare behind us.

tonight we are entertaining the flooring guys....we are suckers for punishment........

2. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Red - You Are Hired!!! You do beautiful work, Den is very proud of you and says you are a Professional!! :doubleup:

3. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Well-Known Member

:doubleup:Lovely Job..!!~
    ...sigh..and I ( and Mark) so feel your pain..he does all the spackling, mudding, and sanding..and I do the vacuuming..and since we just finished 8 rooms of flooring...I know *JUST* where you are at!!!!

and so grateful we are DONE!!...LOL...Enjoy Val.....:)..Hugs..Joanne

4. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

Nice work !

5. Tobyn

Tobyn Well-Known Member

Okay red, next time I need drywall done, I'm flying you in!

6. mrsrocster

mrsrocster Well-Known Member

Who's that guy in the picture? Is he the flooring guy?

7. red stripe

tobyn & Corky... have Spackle.. will travel:biggrin:

And please tell Den that I appreciate the compliment.

Cutes, you do not have enough time in your days to Spackle... you stay on the go.

Michelle.. the guy on the floor is the hole maker, fan breaker.. hot water cooler... :hammer:

We just saw two different guys for the flooring, and the last one sounds so great and the price very good.. I almost wrote him a check on the spot.
    But we are going to see one more person so that we have three quotes.
    but so far this guy in in the running.
    solid wood floors..... my dream.

I just hope that whomever we get does a good job, or else the next thing I do will be floors

8. kpopperwell

kpopperwell Well-Known Member Community Sponsor

Red, you do good work. Maybe its your second calling for work.

9. mrsrocster

mrsrocster Well-Known Member

Ruh roh........was it wise for him to turn his back to you then with all those 'projects' he created for you??? Not a wise man in my book! LOL

10. Linda&Jim

Linda&Jim Well-Known Member

What a great job!! You could hire yourself out. Hope the deal goes well with your floors. I just love hardwood floors!!!! Enjoy your renovations!

11. red stripe

Michelle, at that time I only knew about the two extra holes.

The lights, fan,wall plugs and hot water heater not working was a later revelation:hammer:

Karin, I was once in a situation where if I needed things done, I had best do them. So me and my trusty "Readers Digest how to" book because great friends..

I actually suggested to Einstein that I was sure I could do the flooring.. he said a very loud "NO"

But when we get it done, I will be watching how they do it.
    :whistle:

you never know when it might come in handy

12. Whimsy

Whimsy Well-Known Member

Red, your hired. I need to finish the kitchen, put in a patio, finish off siding when we tear out the deck to put in the patio, pour a new driveway, finish the basement, landscape....I could use you for years! LOL

13. red stripe

hahahaha.. I also can do tailoring and pattern drafting..... got any use for that?

14. Whimsy

Whimsy Well-Known Member

Actually I do! My daughter is going to be in a wedding in May and the dress needs to be altered. The last one she was in cost us $80 in alterations! She has been losing weight so it's going to be even worse this time.

I have 2 European shams that the zippers are broke. I wish I had one of those bolster pillows that you showed with a cover to match. Hmmm......I'm sure I could really keep you for a l-o-n-g time here!

15. Cyndi

Cyndi Well-Known Member

Red you are incredible, what a great job,,, you put me to shame……………….:doubleup:

16. red stripe

Oh wait.. now the real talent pops in. Marie.. I will start packing

Cyndi.. if I could paint like you.

17. KathyC

KathyC Well-Known Member

It looks very nice!!!

18. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Red - I vote with E on this. Real hardwood floors are very labor intensive to do. It is not worth the aches and pains. There are a few things in life we just have to pay out for...floors are one of them. :doubleup:

19. red stripe

once we went from one square room into a bunch of rooms and odd corners and spaces.. I was real glad to back off.

20. Funnel

Funnel Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor

Red, nice done! Looks better than if the "pros" are doing it!

About the floor; I don't know what type of hardwood floor you have. Over here we usually have oak and the floorboards are about 50 by 8 inches (and less than one inch thick) and there is a "click system" to easy connect them. No need for glue just some tapping.
    To put in the floorboards in a room only takes a couple of hours. It's the work before and after that takes time.
    Only problem is your knees and back will hurt!

Maybe you have a different system over there, with bigger planks?

/Erik