• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Now you see it...

red stripe

and now you don't

And I am very relieved to have that nightmare behind us.

tonight we are entertaining the flooring guys....we are suckers for punishment........

Corky

Red - You Are Hired!!! You do beautiful work, Den is very proud of you and says you are a Professional!! :doubleup:

Cruise cutie

:doubleup:Lovely Job..!!~
...sigh..and I ( and Mark) so feel your pain..he does all the spackling, mudding, and sanding..and I do the vacuuming..and since we just finished 8 rooms of flooring...I know *JUST* where you are at!!!!

and so grateful we are DONE!!...LOL...Enjoy Val.....:)..Hugs..Joanne

red stripe

tobyn & Corky... have Spackle.. will travel:biggrin:

And please tell Den that I appreciate the compliment.

Cutes, you do not have enough time in your days to Spackle... you stay on the go.

Michelle.. the guy on the floor is the hole maker, fan breaker.. hot water cooler... :hammer:

We just saw two different guys for the flooring, and the last one sounds so great and the price very good.. I almost wrote him a check on the spot.
But we are going to see one more person so that we have three quotes.
but so far this guy in in the running.
solid wood floors..... my dream.

I just hope that whomever we get does a good job, or else the next thing I do will be floors

mrsrocster

Ruh roh........was it wise for him to turn his back to you then with all those 'projects' he created for you??? Not a wise man in my book! LOL

Linda&Jim

What a great job!! You could hire yourself out. Hope the deal goes well with your floors. I just love hardwood floors!!!! Enjoy your renovations!

red stripe

Michelle, at that time I only knew about the two extra holes.

The lights, fan,wall plugs and hot water heater not working was a later revelation:hammer:

Karin, I was once in a situation where if I needed things done, I had best do them. So me and my trusty "Readers Digest how to" book because great friends..

I actually suggested to Einstein that I was sure I could do the flooring.. he said a very loud "NO"

But when we get it done, I will be watching how they do it.
:whistle:

you never know when it might come in handy

Whimsy

Red, your hired. I need to finish the kitchen, put in a patio, finish off siding when we tear out the deck to put in the patio, pour a new driveway, finish the basement, landscape....I could use you for years! LOL

Whimsy

Actually I do! My daughter is going to be in a wedding in May and the dress needs to be altered. The last one she was in cost us $80 in alterations! She has been losing weight so it's going to be even worse this time.

I have 2 European shams that the zippers are broke. I wish I had one of those bolster pillows that you showed with a cover to match. Hmmm......I'm sure I could really keep you for a l-o-n-g time here!

Cyndi

Red you are incredible, what a great job,,, you put me to shame……………….:doubleup:

Corky

Red - I vote with E on this. Real hardwood floors are very labor intensive to do. It is not worth the aches and pains. There are a few things in life we just have to pay out for...floors are one of them. :doubleup:

Funnel

Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor
Red, nice done! Looks better than if the "pros" are doing it!

About the floor; I don't know what type of hardwood floor you have. Over here we usually have oak and the floorboards are about 50 by 8 inches (and less than one inch thick) and there is a "click system" to easy connect them. No need for glue just some tapping.
To put in the floorboards in a room only takes a couple of hours. It's the work before and after that takes time.
Only problem is your knees and back will hurt!

Maybe you have a different system over there, with bigger planks?

/Erik