OK ramble ramble ramble everyone............LOL

B

BostonsJ

I went shopping tonight...

Bought myself a beautiful new black skirt-suit, a new dressy white blouse and scarf and a new pair of black dress shoes.....comfy ones.

I was looking at my black suits and they get a ton of us, and tomorrow I have to be in formal dress for a Brigidier General's military funeral, so I decided to go for the new suit...I paid only half price for it and it was a true bargain. Of course white blouses have to be replaced every now and then, I hate it when they start turning gringy or yellowish the cuffs always take a beating in my work.....and then the shoes I needed because I'm going to be on the cemetery grounds tomorrow for about 5 hours and I do not wish for my feet to hurt.... no heels these are stacked leather slides.... Love it when I feel all new and gussied up.....and it is good I can buy off the rack sizes without alterations too....that really helps.. you can save money....

NOw all I have to do it iron it all do my nails, and get myself to work early tomorrow......

Busy at work off the wall..... after tomorrow I will have to come home and crash big time because we have one huge profile and one very high profile funeral service so I'm going to be running....

So how was your Monday?

B

BostonsJ

Cindy tell us what is Elliott doing tonight? Is he playing computer games or is he too tired?

E

elliottsmama

He received the Halo 3 game and that is what he is doing besides eating his precious pizza rolls. He is doing pretty darn good for a kid who was deathly ill a week ago...He got two bags of blood before he came home so he is recharged!

B

BostonsJ

Glad to hear it Cindy.....Now fingers crossed for a donor..My brother is on the donor list. His nephew in-law needed a transplant. He wasn't a match for him but he remains on the list.

C

conniecat

I am sitting and enjoying breathing.

Have been trying to find my lease to check on the park pet rules. I can only find the general rules, not the park specific ones. Wonder what the heck I did with it. It appears it is up to management to approve animals. I guess my next step is to talk to him and see if they will accept Simon as my "dog" (we are allowed 2 cats and a dog under 25 pounds.) A friend told me to just not ask so I don't get a "no", but I would always be afraid they would see him in the window and throw me or one of the cats out.

My son and his wife have to get rid of one of their cats, and they are a little perturbed I don't want him. He is a behavior problem, standoffish and prone to wet on the beds. This I do not need. Besides, he is about Max's age and I don't think Maxie would allow an adult male in the house.

Anyway, if they give me permission to keep Simon, the vet is the next step to make sure he is disease free. He was very strange today, wouldn't come close. He even just wanted to play instead of eat, which is actually very nice to see, since he apparently is not starving any more.

I really don't need another warm body to take care of, but how can you not love that face? This has been posted before, but it is my favorite photo of him. I was waving a finger at him and he wanted to play. I am a nut about cat's paws. I love them. His are all brown underneath, which I have never seen before. cc

B

BostonsJ

I'm not really a cat lover but I love him.......he is so cute. Now I love all animals and would save a cat from starving and even adopt it. I have owned cats.. but doggies tug at my heart more.

I know here we are only allowed 2 dogs. Well the rules are broken all the time from what I can see. And when we were thinking about coming here Mike said she has 3 shih tzus and we can't if she can't bring them. They allowed us to have all three.

Good luck it sounds as though the fright is being replaced a bit by playfulness. That is the one thing I love about a cat they are so playful...

P

popcorn

Your outfit sounds lovely Boston J. You should do well tomorrow.

connie cat - your new cat sounds like it is doing well. Do your other cats get along with it?

Liz

C

conniecat

Liz, I have not let them get near him. Wild cats can have a disease called feline leukemia, which is fatal. I don't want to risk mine until I decide I want Simon and get him to a vet to be tested. When I play with him, I come in and scrub my hands and spray disinfectant just in case.

A

AlaskaMoose

Oh conniecat, you just have to adopt that little cat. So precious looking and this coming from a dog lover.

Our Monday up here was filled with getting chores done around the inside and outside of the house. Winter is coming up fairly quickly as it was in the 30s mainly all day. We have problems with snow machines running through our side yard. So, every year, we put up some orange netting to deter them. I also put an outside Christmas tree up. Yes, I know that it's early but our ground freezes to almost solid once the weather dips down low. I learned my lesson when we first moved up here and I tried to hammer a plastic spike into the ground. It broke because of the permafrost rather quickly. Other than that, we are finally finishing up a shower caulking job that we (DH and I) started two months ago. So, not really a fun Monday but we got through it...