Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

OT - about Doctors

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by reggae, Sep 21, 2007.

1. reggae

reggae Guest

So I went for my weekly visit (slowing working on my reconstruction), and then nurse who does the fills is in a very bad mood. My tissue expander flipped, so she had the doctor come in to flip it back. She then said to him, "please stay here so that I make sure I get this needle properly placed in the port." He smiles and walks out!!!

Now she is so p***d off, she jams the needle into the port, no numbing med, just took it all out on me!!!

Then I was telling my sister about this, and she said that the last time she was at the dentist, he was arguing with the assistant, and threw the hypodermic needle across the floor!

What's going on with these people? Where is the professionalism?

I'm afraid to go back next week!

2. bostongal

bostongal Guest

Reggae - That is terrible! I cannot believe that that woman would do that to you but there is good and bad in the medical profession.

=hugs to you!

Meg

3. ewheelock

ewheelock Guest

Can you let the dr. know how you feel? She is an employee of his, right?

She needs to go home today and not deal with patients.

4. reggae

reggae Guest

This office is extremely busy, and I think they are all over-worked. I felt bad for her actually, because he walked out after she had asked him to stay.

But why she took it out on me???

5. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

OMG that is terrible. I hate medical appointments and am seeing a brand new doctor today and not looking forward to it. If I were you I would certainly call that Dr. It isn't your fault that they are over-worked and frustrated. But as a patient you have rights to be treated according to a certain standard.

6. MARIPOSA

MARIPOSA Guest

Ouch reggae. That musta hurt like H~~~~~. I think the next time I went in I would confront that nurse and tell her that you almost switched doctors cuz of her and hope she learns how to stay calm and not take anything out on you personally or else you just might look elsewhere for a medical staff that really cares about their patients.

Gentle hugs, Mari

7. reggae

reggae Guest

You know Mari, I still don't really blame her. What he did wasn't right. He walked out when she asked him to stay. I wanted him to stay! What if she missed the port opening?

I truly believe that working with women's breasts all day has made him a little goofy :dizzy

OKAY....I said this topic was OT.....now it's really OT !!!

8. Mgram

Mgram Guest

YIKES Reggae that is HORRIBLE. Totally unacceptable behavior. Next time, speak up.....you don't have to be on the receiving end of their hostilities and unprofessional behavior.

HUG!

9. Karry

Karry Guest

Oh, that's AWFUL. I don't care how over worked they are or what kind of mood they are in. I work for doctors and this is totally inappropriate. If she felt that strongly that she wanted the dr. in the room, she should have excused herself, gone out to talk to the dr. in private and brought him back in.

10. rooy

rooy Guest

what karry said!!!!!!

11. Bobbie

Bobbie Guest

Calling that dr. will do no good. Go above his head and report him to his boss! What a jerk! Let me guess - is an HMO you're dealing with? :?

12. reggae

reggae Guest

No Bobbie, this is one of the top Plastic Surgeons in the state. You wait hours to get in to see him...and he's in with 7 other Plastic Surgeons. (I have Blue Cross Insurance)

One of the other doctors in the practice has many articles written about him and his work with Doctors Without Borders.

So I'm not sure what the deal was, but it was definately a major feud between that nurse and the doctor!

13. Hucc

Hucc Guest

how tough would it be to change doctors? if the doctor left like that, it's so unprofessional; and he's charging big bucks, I'm sure if he's in the TOPs in the state. There are still 6 others at the top of the list

I'm sorry that you have this extra headache to deal with!!!!!!

prayers going out for you

14. reggae

reggae Guest

Would be tough, Hucc...

I've got another surgery to go, and he is doing it. So I have to go for these weekly appointments until then.

I'm going to have a little talk with him when I go in next time. He needs to see things from my point of view.

He's supposed to be the best in the state for the surgeries I need.

15. Bobbie

Bobbie Guest

Wow - sounds like maybe it's gone to his head or he's just not good with his staff. I've found from working around docs that the nursing staff are usually justified when it comes to being angry with the docs. He must be tough for them to work with. :(

Good for you for talking with him. :thumb Many people are afraid to talk to doctors and hold them on the highest pedestal. Sometimes, they need to be reminded that they aren't "all that"! :lol

16. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

You did not deserve that.. and I hope the nurse at the minimum has an I'm sorry to you, and please yes do speak with the surgeon..High Standards are the epitome of all Medical staff and are a given to expect!!..

I am thinking good thoughts and prayers on the remainder of your treatment regime, =hugs..Joanne