• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OT - For a slow Friday night...ship trivia

B

Bruce

Mary Ann,

His name was Sir James Bisset. He served as Master of both Queens. I can't put my hand on his book just yet,,, that is another story in itself. Will keep looking.

Bruce

B

BurBunny

Okay, I know this won't stump you, but let's see how much research time it takes you. What are the current names and leasing companies of the former Renaissance ships?

S

ShipMaven

Bruce,

Commodore Sir James Bisset was one of several very famous ones in the once-grand Cunard fleet.

S

ShipMaven

BurBunny - can't give you a complete answer yet...but...

Cruiseinvest LLC first took over R1, 2, 5, 6 and 7.

P&O/Princess took R3 & 4, renamed Pacific and Tahitian Princess. Tahitian Princess now sails year 'round for Princess; Pacific Princess will be shared by both companies.

Oceana Cruises (Joe Watters & Frank Del Rio) have since taken R1 (Oceana Regatta) and R2 (Oceana ?) and have an option for R6.

Still have to scrounge up R5 and 8. ;)

S

ShipMaven

The Mayflower is first recorded in 1609. She was at that time owned by Christopher Nichols, Richard Child, Thomas Short, and Christopher Jones. :devil

I believe it was after her first voyage to the U.S. that she acquired the short-lived name of SS Minnow. :grin

S

ShipMaven

No, Bruce. It's a question of keeping up with bOBert. :grin

And with that, I do have a life (I think) and have to log off for awhile...

Enjoy the day.