Pacific Northwest on Radiance

D

Dennis

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone is going to the Pacific Northwest on the Radiance the end of next month and what I can expect on the Radiance... First time on the radiance but several on viking serenade and rhapsody.

Any info will be helpful.

thanks

W

WCoastCdnCruisers

Well you are just going to LOVE the Radiance. Big, White, Shiny, lots of glass and fabulous public areas. The covered pool area is the best. We sailed last October 8, 01 on the 4 night Pacific Coastal. It was just after 9/11 mind you so security was pretty tight. We sailed from Seattle to Vancouver, Victoria, had a glorious day at sea and then sailed back into Seattle. There is great parking near the pier in Seattle if you need it. Hope you have a great cruise.
:CAN

B

BSeaBob

Have only seen the Radiance from Canada Place. Looks great. Had friends that did the 3 dayer on another RCL ship. They too had a great time in our Canadian Ports.

C

Chris Letourneau

Radiance is a beautiful ship. Large enough to keep you busy if you want and small enough to be as intimate as you want. It is simply the perfect ship!

D

Dennis

thanx for the info everyone!

hey WCoastCdnCruisers ... what else can you tell me about seattle, vancouver and victoria? What kind of tours are offered by the ship or do you recommend going on our own? We're doing the 4-day as well so it'll be very similar. what was the highlight of your cruise?

:)

J

JHodg56010

We sailed on the 3 night Radiance PNW cruise in late May,2000 and loved it. I enjoyed the Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension bridge tour, and a year earlier had enjoyed a city tour in Vancouver taking in Stanley Park and Queen Ann park and gardens, while others I spoke to enjoyed shopping in gas town. Vancouver is a pretty city in a lovely setting . Victoria is a lovely clean flower-filled city where you can walk about downtown, shop and check out the famous Empress Hotel, but the highlight for us was the short bus tour to gorgeous Butchard Gardens. And we were very favorably impressed by the Radiance, just a beautiful ship. The entire area is very scenic with snow capped mountains (in May) in the background of lovely waterways. Plan to enjoy.

D

dave

We were on Radiance in Feb on a Southern Caribbean iten and just got off an Aug Alaska run on her. Great ship, lots of room and lots to do. Go to Portifino's and Chops restaurants if you can--it cost extra, but is well well worth it. We had excellent cabin stewards both times, great dining staff the first time, and just good dining staff the last time. In caribbean, there were very few kids, in Alaska they were everywhere and were quite a nuisance--good luck there.
have a great time

D

Dennis

oh wonderful!!

how was the weather like? did you go to the butchard garden? was it in bloom/season? how far away are the various attractions and did you find it necessary to go with the tours offered by rci?

how was the ship and all the virus stuff going on and did it affect you? how was service/food, etc. was the water choppy at all? did the rock climbing wall need a reservation? how did that work? how was your trip?

:)

enough questions?