• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Packing a bag for Boston

B

BostonsJ

I don't know if I will need it but I have to be ready to go just in case. I got a call at work today. Audra was crying hysterically. I couldn't understand much I did manage to find out she had called her best friend to come over and she was there. What I could determine is that she passed out twice, striking her head once, she had been vomitting since 3am and couldn't get up off the bathroom floor she was so weak. I spoke to her girlfriend and instructed her to call 911. She was rushed to the hospital about 2pm mountain time. It took us 3 hours to reach my SIL who is now on his way to the hospital.

My cousin is an EMT and my Aunt and Uncle who live close by both EMT's raced to the scene when they heard the dispatcher give the adress over the scanner. My cousin rode in with her to the hospital. Her BP was dangerously low and she was not doing well according to my aunt. I was on the front desk covering for the entire day and called for a supervisor to relieve me I had families all around me and I just could not get the required calls out I needed to at that desk.

I managed to get outside finally and to get some calls out to my mother and aunt, and I asked my mother to take control of the situation and asked that she send my sister to the hospital to be with her until we could reach my SIL who had his phone off because he was at work. We finally got the main number and got a message to him at work. My sister raced to the hospital she is also an EMT and they have already given her 3 bags of IV's she is going on number 4, they have drawn labs we are waiting for the results, her blood sugar was low but her BP dangerously low. The have given her 3 drugs to stop the vomitting but have been unsuccessful. They just did a stomach scan. So now we wait. The doctor spoke to my sister a few minutes ago and said he will probably admit her. She had fallen a few days ago and her back was in severe pain and now they just gave her a pain med for that. Audra has a valve problem in her heart so having low blood pressure for her means she was really in a mess.

Thank God that her girlfriend was home from work today. She is still with the kids and when I called there she said Judy your daughter is a saint to do this every day of her life. Nikie doesn't have children. She assured me the kids were Ok but they are of course off the wall with the uncertainty of where Mommy is. She managed to get Kiarra to bed but the others were still up when I spoke to her a few minutes ago. An angel was watching over us today because Nikie works tons of hours and it was just a miracle she went to Audra's aid when she did.

I have my sister going back to talk to the doctor at this point they are not ruling out viral, but they are looking for something in her stomach my sister couldn't remember illio something.

I am on pins and needles here. I can't make any decisions about hopping a plane until I hear what is happening there. These are the hardest times to be so far away.

I could use some real positive energy sent to MA right now. I've been holding up pretty well but the longer this goes the more I feel like I'm going to fall to pieces.

T

The Cruiser

BostonJ, hope the Drs. finds out with is going on with Audra soon. Sending postive vibes to Audra. =hugs

C

cycofan

Oh my goodness, Judy! Prayers on the way for everyone! Keep us posted if you find time! SAfe travels if you go!

I

islandJim

I hope everything works out Judy. Prayers on the way from Boston to Boston. Hope she is better quickly.

Jim

B

BostonsJ

OK just talked to my sister. SIL just arrived as I was talking to him. It appears they are looking at the possibility of paralytic ileus or an obstruction of the bowel or intestines. Pancreatitus not ruled out either. SIL now frantic. I said Sahin you have to find out what is happening, call me and I'll hop a plane. Just find out what is happening. That is all I know right now. I won't be able to get out tonight so it is just a waiting game right now.

S

Suez

BJ, prayers headed your way. Hope the dr.s are able to figure out quickly what is wrong and get things under control. Very scary, and more so when you aren't there but getting delayed 2nd hand reports.

Suez

K

KathyC

How very difficult it must be for you being so far away. My thoughts are with you as you wait for answers. Hope that this turns out to be something very simple & that she will be on the road to a full recovery soon. Please keep us updated.

B

BostonsJ

Well it is being ruled paralytic ileus . The major problem is they do not have a bed for her. Her options are to go home with medications for the night and return for fluids in the morning or to be among the 40 or so beds lined up in the ER hallway. My sister said she has never seen a hospital so full. Audra has decided to go home. I'm dead set against this. I have offered to go home. My son inlaw says it isn't necessary that he doesn't want me to go to the expense he will stay out of work. Well the problem is if this medication does not work then she will have to be admitted for more intensive treatment. I may be hopping a plane tomorrow I just don't know. I have been unable to talk directly to Audra she is very medicated. So it is all up in the air. My Mom and I feel I should just book the flight that I'm going to be needed. This is something that I will have to deal with as the night progresses my son in law feels it is too much of an expense and worries about me losing work. I of course feel the need to be with Audra. So I guess I'm going to wait to speak to Audra. Just praying the medications work.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I know I won't sleep a wink tonight and will finish getting some clothes together. If necessary I can hop a jet blue red eye tomorrow night.

C

conniecat

Oh, Judy, how horrible! I know you are at your wit's end, who wouldn't be. It is good she has family with her, but I know you want to be there, too. Hang in there, girl, we are pulling for you.

P

popcorn

How wicked! Prayers and hugs being sent to you and Audra. Hope that they find a solution overnight.

Liz

M

MARIPOSA

Judy, you know that Audra would want you there so go ahead and book that flight. SIL will feel better as well once you arrive, no matter what he says to you now. You could either stay with dtr, or with the kidlets so it will a benefit to all if you go ahead with what your heart is telling you to do. Would your job be in jeaprody if you took off for a week or so? If not then don't give it a second thought. Any of your employers would do the same, I'm sure. And I'm sure Mike is telling you to go cuz he knows you are useless just sitting there waiting for updates.

We will all be keeping Audra in our prayers throughout the next few days.
Hugs, Mari

C

Corky

Judy =hug I hope this morning that Audra is better and that her illness has settled down. I will have all of you in my thoughts today. =hug

R

reggae

Oh, Judy, I am so sorry to read this. I didn't see this until this morning.

I hope there is a way for you to get to fly out today. I'm sure your daughter would be so relieved to know that you are there. And of course, hoping your employer is understanding.

((((Hugs)))) and prayers for all of you. God bless.

T

tango55

Just read it this morning as well - how nerve wracking! Get on the plane girl! You won't feel better til you see everything in person. I know work is important - but hopefully they'll understand.

Prayers continue!

Terry

D

Donna - dsw

Judy - hope things are going better. I think if nothing else you would be needed to help with the kids. They are going to be upset and you know they would rather be with you than anyone else at this time. This would give your daughter and SIL the time they need to heal.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

M

Mgram

Oh Judy, how horrible. I know you are frantic. IMHO, you ARE going to be needed.....if only to take care of the kidlets. They love you, trust you and will feel more secure with you there.

Saying prayers for Audra......and you kiddo! This is all very scary. Hang in there......we're all with you!