Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Packing a bag for Boston

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by BostonsJ, Feb 19, 2008.

1. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Reservation is made. I leave tomorrow night and return on Wednesday night providing everything improves in that time. I'll update as I am able.
    Thank You all for the support. I barely slept 2 hours last night and am whooped so I am getting my act together here now and will try to get a good night's sleep. Sahin said Audra was asking to take a shower so he is about to help her do that and he would have her call me for a couple of minutes.

Beryl I wish I were there also but I had to wait to talk to Audra to know what to do. I also felt that my SIL may want to do this on his own and I have to respect his wishes to a point. But,,,,,,,when I heard her voice today I decided oh no I need to get there and do what needs to be done. And to tell you the truth after only one day with 4 kids he sounded very anxious to have me arrive. Somehow we as a family will get through this crisis and come out of it stronger. I guess I had better raid the Christmas Bin and bring gifts for the kids. I can't go home empty handed they just wouldn't understand. :grin

I wish all of your sailing this weekend a very happy time and safe travels..

2. audrey

audrey Guest

judy I am sending prayers with you that your daugh will be OK and I know that you need to go there if only for a few days. I will be thinking about you and ask E to report to us how everything is going when he reports into board next week.

3. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

JUST got here, been working..I"M CALLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! be READY!! HUGS>> Joanne

4. conniecat

conniecat Guest

Good thing you are going! She needs her Mommy. I hope she starts improving soon. Update us when you can. Best wishes!!!

5. seamom

seamom Guest

Sorry to hear of you stressing over this BJ!!! Hope they get something working for her overnight and you get to speak to a much calmer daughter tomorrow.....with all her kids, that will add to her stress thinking of them at home and hopefully all will work well for dad to be with them so she can rest.

6. elliottsmama

elliottsmama Guest

I am glad you are going. I wanted my mom here during this time in our lives and she is not. A loss for both of us. You will both be glad you went. Hope it all turns out well. God Bless.

7. Colo Cruiser

Colo Cruiser Guest

Hope evertything turns out OK Judy , prayers are on the way from here too.

8. Jill B

Jill B Guest

Judy, thanks for keeping us posted. Positive thoughts and prayers are continuing from down here. Have a safe trip.

9. KathyC

KathyC Guest

Wish the news was better but I think you are making the right decision by flying out there. Even though your DD and SIL may not admit it, I'm sure they will be happy to have you there for support.

10. popcorn

popcorn Guest

So glad that you have made the decision to go to Boston. You will all feel better for you being there. Safe travels.

Liz

11. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Judy - a paralytic ileus can be scary and very painful. She really should be admitted so she can be NPO and given IV fluids. The Docs are right in one sense.....you don't want to give her anything that will interfere with getting her bowels moving again. Pain meds, especially narcotics, can prevent that. Prayers going out for a quick recovery.

12. Corky

Corky Guest

Judy - Please take care in your travels today this afternoon. Everything will be alright with Audra, especially after her Mama gets there! =hug =hug

13. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Judy, wishing you safe travels and know that my prayers continue with Audra, you and the whole family. I know having you there will be the best medicine Audra can get..and those kidletts need you too. God speed and keep us posted as you can.

14. JANPEP

JANPEP Guest

Thanks's for the update
    I was so glad to hear that you are going, mom's are sometime's the best medicine.
    Safe travel's
    Prayer's will continue.

15. lady-bug

lady-bug Guest

Have a safe trip. You will be a comfort to both your grandbabies and daughter (and SIL) by being there for them. I hope all goes well.

16. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

God Speed on the flight home late tonight, Red Eyes are the worst, but at least it's a straight shot home.. and I'll be beeping you tomorrow after work..=hugs and love .. and naturally prayers continue..Joanne

17. oakleygirl

oakleygirl Guest

I am new on this site, but sending my regards non the less. The hospitals are less full here in Utah, you can usually get a bed....take care, Shelley

18. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Judy, please forgive my late response as I have only just seen your post. My thoughts and prayers are with Audra. Wishing you safe travels. Contact me should you need anything.