Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Paradise Beach Cozumel

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by BecuzISaidSo123, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Has anybody gone to Paradise beach on there own, and can give some tips? We are a family of 5 going in August. Don't really want to pay $65/a piece thru the Carnival excursion. Figuring we can do it cheaper own our own, but how much will we be saving? Thanks!

2. NewNCrusin

NewNCrusin Guest

When we went to Paradise beach it was free. It only cost us a $12 or so cab ride to the beach. There you can buy drinks and food if you wish and rent snorkling equipment for free. I think I might have read there is a small entry fee now but there wasn't last summer. It was nice.. clean.. with umbrellas and chairs.

3. serene56

serene56 Guest

I am looking on the Excursion sheet and not seeing an excursion going to Paradise beach. For 65.00?? wow You may be looking at the beach break whichincludes food/drink/and water toys for 32.00 But this is NOT at Paradise beach

take a cab and go your own-- http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net

4. phinfan63

phinfan63 Guest

Paradise Beach was great - we considered it the best day of our cruise. We caught a cab and it was $12.00 each way. I think there is a charge of $5 or $8 now at PB but only if you want to use the water toys (trampoline, etc) otherwise it is free. The drinks are awesome (no skimping) and the nachos were to die for!

Have fun!

5. cjbee

cjbee Guest

We went to Paradise Beach in April. It is definitely worth it. There was a $5 charge for the water toys (trampoline, iceberg, floating mats, kayaks, etc...) The chairs and umbrellas were free and they gave you a menu to keep for when you wanted it. The service and drinks were awesome and I was amazed that the beach was hooked up - they were taking orders electronically! I will definitely visit there each time I got to Cozumel.
    CJ

6. Toyotalover

Toyotalover Guest

One thing nice about Paradise beach is that they have the trampoline and plastic iceberg out in the water for the kids to play on. We had some teenagers who loved it! They also have a bungee jumping ride that is fun for them and they can go parasailing (for $65). I went out on the boat with them when my son parasailed and it looked really safe. The fajitas at the restaurant there are really good, too. I highly recommend this beach.

7. Babushka

Babushka Guest

We will be visiting Cozumel next April on the Valor. Can anyone tell me if Paradise Beach has wave runners to rent? I noticed someone mentioned parasailing there. We are also interested in doing this. If there are not wave runners available here does anyone know of another beach that offers the wave runners and parasailing? I've heard that Chaakanab (spelling?) is also a great beach to visit. Can anyone offer any comparisons as to which is better to visit? We would also like to do some snorkeling there and some relaxing on the beach, also.

8. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

chakanaab is nice so is paradise beach, cozumel is my fav , so many things to do there you can go nack a dozen times and still not do it all..... then theres the ferry over to playa del carmen

9. serene56

serene56 Guest

Paradise beach has a nice sandy beach- chunkanabb is kinda shelly. (not good for building castles)
    checkout www.cozumelinsider.com and click on beaches. It will list the differences in beaches.

10. TravlinTam

TravlinTam Guest

...and what about snorkeling? Is there good snorkeling there? We will be in Cozumel in 38 days (but who really keeps track of that? >LOL<)Is there a bad current? My DH is a little afraid to let the kids just play in the water. We live in San Diego and the current gets bad, but you can't just snorkel right off the beach here, either. Anyone know? Thanks!

11. cjbee

cjbee Guest

They do have wave runners at paradise beach.

12. Babushka

Babushka Guest

cjbee....Thanks for the info on the wave runners! Now that I know that both Paradise Beach and Chankanaab Park offer wave runners, parasailing and snorkeling along with other fun activities, can anyone tell me which is better?

13. phinfan63

phinfan63 Guest

I have read many posts, including some of Paradise Beach Tom, that the snokeling is not very good at Paradise Beach. It is a great place to spend the day but if you are mainly interested in snorkeling , PB is probably not the place to go.

14. YoureMoving

YoureMoving Guest

We were at Paradise Beach last month and it was the best day of our trip. Hospitality is fantastic, food was really really great and the beach was clean and beautiful! My husband and son got the $8 bracelets and had a great time on the water toys. They also snorkeled a bit, and said it was great. I wouldn't miss it the next time we're there in October!

Gina

15. PB sounds like a great place to keep our 12 and 17 year old daughters happy while in Coz. Will we(adults) be missing anything too great by going there?(first time). Would it be safe enough to put the kids on a cab alone(not likely) Thanks

16. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

There is lots to do in Cozumel (probably one of the reasons it is so popular). However, I believe Paradise Beach offers something for everyone (under and over the age of 18). That said, I do not believe it is a good idea to send children alone in a foreign county off on some adventure. Keep them with you (or you with them) or leave them on the ship. Cozumel is not Disneyland.

17. NewNCrusin

NewNCrusin Guest

Cozumel is safe but its still Mexico. PB is fun for adults and teens. My entire family (70 to 13) had a great time last summer. The snorkling was not that great while we were there but we were told some off shore storms had it pretty cloudy. I think the currents, etc. make a huge difference.

Another difference is that Chek, park has a $12 entrance fee. I believe its per car. PB doesn't have an entrance fee. This may make a difference to some families.

18. Paradise Beach is one of my favorite places in Cozumel. Been to Passion Island....beautiful place but too expensive & hard to geet to. Playa Mia (formerly Playa del Sol) where the Fiesta Party Boat takes there groups.

Paradise Beach offers warm, friendly service, great drinks & food, $1 a minute massages on the beach, that are to die for. Also, in my opinion, probably the cleanest restrooms I have seen in Mexico. As someone else posted earlier...........PB Tom does not recommend then snorkeling. there....he says it's much better on the other side of the island. It is still free admission unless you use the water toys.....bracelets are now $8.