Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Passport Miracle

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by sgrane, Aug 3, 2001.

1. sgrane

sgrane Guest

<HTML>You won't believe this one, I just had to share!

We are taking our kids on NCL's Sun for Christmas. We figured, passports would be the best way to go (they offer the best "no questions asked" identification), so we applied 8 days ago for them at our local courthouse. Believe it or not we got their passports today! 8 days for a passport! That was without paying for "rush" service which guarantees passports in two to three weeks! Can you believe the US Government processed and sent out a passport that quick You have to think at least 2 days of those 8, were mail time! My wife and I renewed ours in February and it took five weeks!

Amazing!

Sgrane</HTML>

2. Lisa

Lisa Guest

<HTML>Truly amazing! I got my passport last November and it took 11 days total.</HTML>

3. mrsrocster

mrsrocster Guest

<HTML>We applied for a new passport on 6/2/01 for my son, renewed my husbands and changed the lastname on mine. All three were sent back to us completed by 6/28/01! They had to go to three different places because the processing was different for each one. We didn't pay for any rushes either because we don't need ours until late September! The first time I applied for my passport it took approximately 5 weeks. What a difference! It was great to have that one detail out of the way.

We take my son on his first cruise 9/27/01, Carnival Imagination. Can't wait! :)
    mrsrocster</HTML>

4. Seawall

Seawall Guest

<HTML>I guess I'm the norm... took four weeks for mine. Am I normal? lol</HTML>

5. Toto

Toto Guest

<HTML>Two weeks for me, but that was a lonnng time ago. We'll see how long it will take them to renew it next year.
    BTW, Hi mrsrocster (your cruise is just around the corner)
    Toto</HTML>

6. Virginia

Virginia Guest

<HTML>Just order my first passport this past Tuesday will see how long it takes. I hope it is fast.</HTML>

7. Rocster

Rocster Guest

<HTML>Toto, HI! yes just around a large corner, 50 some days!
    Ours took less than two weeks also, I was shocked!</HTML>

8. FL

FL Guest

<HTML>8 DAYS!!!!!! Okay, who did you bribe! lol We are talking about the US Government, right! Ours took about three weeks and I thought we were doing well!</HTML>

9. AnnW

AnnW Guest

<HTML>My husband needed his in a rush (for a different trip). Even with the rush postage, it took about 9 days. Yet, when I applied for mine later, (and I remembered his delay), I applied in plenty of time before I needed it, so didn't bother with the rush delivery. I got mine in 9 days. Go figure....:)</HTML>

10. Shipstern

Shipstern Guest

<HTML>My wife and I got our passports this year for our cruise on Celebtrity in Jan 2002. My wife got hers in two weeks. Took me four. Must be my shady looking eyes!!!!!!!</HTML>

11. sgrane

sgrane Guest

<HTML>test</HTML>

12. sgrane

sgrane Guest

<HTML>test</HTML>

13. sgrane

sgrane Guest

<HTML>posting gifs</HTML>

14. sgrane

sgrane Guest

<HTML>posting gifs</HTML>