Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

" PEACE PLAN"

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by JOHN(NJ), Mar 31, 2003.

1. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

We hear lots of people yelling for peace but I've not heard of a single plan for peace.

So here's one:

1) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini and the rest of them good old boys'. We will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with
    Germany, South Korea, the Balkans and the Philippines. They don't want us there anyway. We would station troops at our borders. No more Mexican illegals sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself, don't hide here Asylum would not ever be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers.

5) No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they miss class three days, that's it, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will just have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else.

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides' most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little or none at all, anyway.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an island some place. We don't need the spies or the fair-weather-friends anyway. Besides, the UN building would make a great homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.

2. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Great post, John. I've received it in email several times during the past few days because I think folks can gather that I'd like to see Saddam, Osama and all that ilk receive to the nth degree the horrors they've dished out for years! :thumb

:USA :UK :AUSTRALIA :USA

3. cruisefreak

cruisefreak Guest

John:

I agree with a lot of what you say, but let me play devil's advocate for a moment, and address some of your comments......

1. More or less agree.
    2. "We would station troops on our borders". Don't think we have enough troops to do
    this effectively. Also, what about the Canadian border?
    3. "The remainder will be gathered up and be deported immediately". How are you
    going to find them? Also, how do you define an "illegal alien"? What about those
    people who are here on a green card waiting for citizenship?
    4. "No one from a terrorist nation....." Would you call Timothy McVeigh a terrorist?
    5. More or less agree.
    6. Agree.
    7. "If they don't like it, we go someplace else". Where? To another terrorist nation?
    8. And watch millions of innocents starve to death.
    9. Moreor less agree.
    10. Those who are considered Ugly Americans will always be ugly, no matter the
    amount of "charm" training they get. The overwhelming majority of Americans are
    not viewed by foreigners as "ugly". I would guess that most foreigners don't dislike
    the average citizen as much as they dislike the American government and its
    policies. I disagree with the French government's position on the Iraq war, but I
    don't hate the French people.

I'm not trying to start a huge discussion about the rights and wrongs of the United States. We are not a perfect nation, or a perfect people. "Fortress America" won't work in today's world.

Please folks, put your blowtorches away......

4. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Well there are a few kinks in it. Just a rough draft. Could add and subtract a few I guess. Just think it's time that business as usual starts to change. Charity should begin at home.

5. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Re:

John - :thumb .

We need to fight fire with fire.

Post Edited (03-31-03 21:40)

6. Barry

Barry Guest

pretty funny...sounds like living in China to me. -thank God it was tongue in cheek...*right*? It was wasn't it?? :)

7. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

I certainly hope not, Barry. Some of us like to stand up for, and stand behind, our country. This is a general statement, and not directed at anyone personally.

8. Bruce

Bruce Guest

Great post John. Hmmmm that looks familiar. You know I think that is the same post I made the other day that got pulled! I guess yours must not offend the Global Village View as much as mine did, or maybe Peter Arnett isn't working the Global Village Radar tonight.
    You will have to write me and tell me how you slipped in under the radar.

9. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Sorry Bruce,
    Didn't see it. But would have given you kudos.

10. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Re:

:thumb :thumb Bruce and John.

11. MizSuzannah

MizSuzannah Guest

Shipmaven
    I don't know where anyone else is assigned to sit, but may I sit next to you????

:)

12. Bungeeman

Bungeeman Guest

Barry,

I have the idea that if Arkansas's favorite son Bill Clinton had had just a little bit more time, we might have learned first hand what it's like to live in China.

13. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

MizSuzannah - it would be MY pleasure!

Bungeeman - ya got THAT right.

14. Barry

Barry Guest

Re:

Isolationism is not the key.
    Cute to banter around and is funny to hear but I believe in what we are doing there is the right thing to do-for U.S. (us..get it?) I don't know what you folks read into my post-and don't have a clue as to the Bill Clinton thing..., but I do a heck of a Clinton impersonation. :lol

Post Edited (03-31-03 22:12)

15. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Guest

Agree with some of it.

16. Barry

Barry Guest

yeah...me too...lessee...# 3 sort of, 4, 5 raise it to 25 , #6, #7 won't work but good concept, and 9 maybe...but I'd try to reform it first. :)

17. beachmom

beachmom Guest

Mmmmmmmmmmm

I wonder where the cruise ships will get their petro.

18. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Can we all agree that while not all of the steps may be feasible or practical, that the last few months have shown us that some policy changes may be needed? We got to take care of ourselves. There is alot of jealousy in the world, even from our so called friends. IMHO we are just making it too easy for others to take advantage of us. If we are going to be the only remaining superpower there is a point where they better start realizing we will use our position to further our own good and not theirs. Tough if they don't like it.

19. BarbaraK

BarbaraK Guest

Oooops maybe I need to take the next 'boat' back home?? :grin
    Red , Kitten and the rest will you be joining me??:)
    Although I have never been 'ilegal'; just a legal Alien as Sting would sing , and now a Permanent Resident , does that count? :grin

20. Jim

Jim Guest

I think, respectfully, that some of you may have missed the point. Sure, it would be harsh to do some of the things onthe list. That IS the point. We are not a nation so self absorbed that we can ignore the hurts pains and tragedies of others...the point is that we care and the rest of the world ignores our goodness when it fits their own political demands.

I, for one, agree with the anger we rightfully are displaying these days. But I know the American heart is too big to ignore the plight of others.

Pray for the troops!

George, you make me proud to call Texas home!