Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Perks for Suites on Oosterdam?

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by All Wet, Jan 1, 2004.

1. All Wet

All Wet Guest

Is there a COMPLTE list of perqs that accompany "S" class suites on Oosterdam located anywhere? I find some things on the HAL website, and more/different ones on several threads here and other cruiser sites.

Many thanks in advance!

Post Edited (01-01-04 15:49)

2. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Read an HAL brochure.....they are listed there.

3. All Wet

All Wet Guest

Thank you...I've ordered a brochure, but I'm such an Internet-aholic that I thought there might simply be an online list somewhere!

4. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

There are many lists of the amenities on all of the cruise BB"s including this one.

If you read back through threads here and on CC, I am sure you will find them all listed any number of times.

They are about the best in the industry IMO

5. All Wet

All Wet Guest

Hi, thanks again! I'm a cruising newbie...do I just look farther back on this specific board Also, what is "CC" ?

6. lougee1043

lougee1043 Guest

cc is cruise critic another message board for cruisers

7. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Please refer to my separate (new) thread listing the current amenities - it's the official list.

8. imacrusing

imacrusing Guest

Category: PS, S
    On all vessels with Penthouse Verandah Suites and Deluxe Verandah Suites the following are featured:

1. BATHROBE - one “cotton terry†robe per adult. This is for your use while on board - if you wish to purchase a robe, you may do so in the shops.

2. PERSONALIZED STATIONERY - name as it appears on manifest.

3. LAUNDRY, PRESSING AND DRY CLEANING - complimentary.

4. HIGH TEA - available upon request in the suite during the hours of regular tea service. You telephone Room Service for request. Silver service is used.

5. COLD PRE-DINNER HORS D’OEUVRES - complimentary, delivered to suite on request, through Room Service.

6. VIDEO LIBRARY - selection of videos (or DVD’s on Prinsendam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam) is made available for passengers’ use during voyage and checked out from the Front Office.

7. COCKTAIL PARTY WITH THE CAPTAIN - for cruises 10 days and longer, cocktails will be served prior to suite dinner. For all other cruises, suite passengers will be invited to the VIP party.

8. SUITE LUNCH AND DINNER - both lunch and dinner will be featured for cruises 10 days and longer.

Lunch menu and site location is determined by the ship.
    On all seven-day cruises, suite passengers will be invited for the Suite Lunch.
    Passengers who cannot attend the Suite Dinner are provided with a bottle of wine that evening in the dining room compliments of the Captain and Hotel Manager.

9. A STANDARD WELCOME CARD - personalized to the passenger by name, in envelope and signed by the Hotel Manager, is in each suite at embarkation.

10. CONFIRMATION OF SITTING - confirmed table size and sitting preference.

11. FRESH FRUIT - presented on silver plate or basket.

12. FRESH FLOWERS - colonial flowers placed in suite.

13. SPECIAL DISEMBARKATION – passengers leave ship at their leisure.

14. DISEMBARKATION LUGGAGE - Cabin Steward picks up luggage morning of disembarkation. (Not necessary to place luggage outside the cabin at night.)

15. A SEPARATE LOCATION - on the day of disembarkation, a separate location is set up in the public rooms where Suite passengers may wait for their disembarkation number to be called. A coffee set up is to be provided.

16. SPECIAL BLUE “S†TENDER CARD- will be delivered to each suite the night before a port requiring tendering.

17. OVER-SIZED BATH TOWELS, with embroidered blue HAL Logo, two per cabin.

18. FEATHER PILLOWS – on request.

19. FULL CABIN BREAKFAST - is available.

20. MINI BAR - including par stock of swizzle sticks, napkins, glasses, etc.

21. PERSONAL CONTACT – A hotel officer will make personal contact with the guest within 24 hours of boarding.

22. DEBRIEFING – suite guests will be personally contacted prior to the day of disembarkation to debrief the guest and confirm the overall cruise experience as satisfactory and to assure disembarkation procedures are clear.

23. CORSAGES and BOUTONNIERES - provided for the first formal night of the cruise to be placed in the cabin at noon.

Category: SS, A, B
    On all vessels with Superior Verandah Suites, Verandah Suites, Mini-Suites, and Deluxe Verandah Outside on Prinsendam only, the following are featured:

1. BATHROBES – two “waffle weave†bathrobes per cabin. To be hung in closet.

2. OVER-SIZED BATH TOWELS - embroidered blue HAL logo, two per cabin.

3. MINI BAR - including par stock of swizzle sticks, napkins, glasses etc.

4. A STANDARD WELCOME CARD - personalized to the passenger by name, in envelope and signed by the Hotel Manager, is in each suite at embarkation.

5. PERSONALIZED STATIONERY – as it appears on manifest.

6. FRESH FLOWERS - in small Rosenthal vase

7. FEATHER PILLOWS - on request.

8. VIDEO LIBRARY - selection of videos is made available for passengers use during voyage and checked out from the Front Office.

9. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

:) #22 above has me smiling.

We've been in an "S" Suite well over 35 cruises.....never did have anyone "debrief" us the last day of any cruise. That one is kind of funny. That is not to say I would want any part of that....too many other things to do on our last day. But.....DEBRIEF ??? .....funny!!

10. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Imacruising - may I ask why you cut and pasted today what I posted separately, in specific answer to this thread, on January 2nd?? I find it very curious...

Post Edited (01-09-04 20:22)

11. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Sail - I've had that on occasion - especially about how I'd like to handle debarkation - but possibly it's because I was in a PS? I really think that they realize that "veterans" know the ropes! :grin

Post Edited (01-09-04 21:12)

12. SueClark

SueClark Guest

Since we have just returned from a cruise on another cruiseline- - - The perks you will enjoy are: priority boarding, champagne ( in-cabin) for sail away, laundry & dry cleaning, special parties for S suite guests and a luncheon that is not to be missed!

13. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Sue.....We particularly enjoy having tender passes and confirmation of our dining seating choice.

I very much enjoy the Neptune Lounge and Concierge as well.

Truthfully, I like ALL the amenitites but the few you mentioned and the ones I mention here are the one we like the BEST.

14. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Maven.....I'm sure you are correct they rightly assume we "know our way around" and don't need the assistance.

It just occured to me I may have misunderstood what is meant by "debrief". I thought it was intended to mean they were interested to speak with Suite and PS Guests to elicit comments about their cruise experience.

But....they do always check with us if we want to put our bags out or want them picked up early on disembarkation morning.

I also could not figure out why Imacruising would copy and paste the whole list all over again. You had completely and thoroughly given us the information that was requested.

Post Edited (01-11-04 09:36)

15. imacrusing

imacrusing Guest

Because it was easy to do it..sorry ..did not mean to upset you

16. linon1968

linon1968 Guest

I don't know what is the big fuss about Imacrusing, she is only trying to help!

17. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Sail - I'm just guessing (VERY wild guess), but, perhaps, since we normally have friends among the Officers/Staff, they're receiving constant feedback from us anyway?

18. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Imacruising - I wasn't upset. Sorry if you interpreted my post that way. As I said in it, I was curious - usually, when we copy from another's post, we give our source. No big deal. ;)

19. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Yes, Mary Ann.....

They have a constant stream of yakkity yak from us...... :)

You know, though......it is really funny how I VERY rarely "carry stories".......something would have to be really disturbing or of great importance to me for me to "tell stories" about small incidents that may have occured. We so enjoy our social time with our friends on board the ships that I would not make it anything of a gripe session. Once in a great while, they will ask us about something specific and I try very hard to make my answer honest....but brief. I'd much rather be sharing the wonderful Dutch custom of kissing 3 times.......

20. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Ah yes...that delightful Dutch custom of kissing 3 times! ;)

I need to carry water on both shoulders, so to speak, when I'm on board - as a guest (I always sail as a regular passenger) and as a travel agent with a group. There are times when I need to relay the comments of my Clients - but there are ways to do it, and ways not to do it. I have Clients cruising on HAL as I write. There was a minor mix-up on something that they contacted me about yesterday. I e-mailed the proper person on the ship - and I swear it wasn't a quarter hour later that I received a reply back. Matter resolved. That's what I call outstanding and caring service.