Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Perks?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Gayle V, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Gayle V

Gayle V Cruiser's Compass Editor

Hi all,

For the Big Easy group cruise, I'm thinking of moving from an aft corner E1 cabin to a Junior Suite near the bump. I'm wondering if there are any perks that come with that level of cabin (beyond the bigger size of the cabin and less walking) ?

2. jetblue

jetblue Well-Known Member

The last time I stayed in a Junior Suite on RCI we got priority embarkation... that's the best perk ever in my opinion.

3. Funnel

Funnel Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor

Gayle, don't tell me you are thinking of exchanging one of the most important cabins onboard, i.e. one of the two pole-cabins, for a regular Junior Suite, without any pole at all... :biggrin:

The perks in a Junior Suite is a boiler for coffee or tea and bathrobes. The bathrobes you also get if you are a Platinum member (30 cruise points) in any cabin. I can't remember anything else besides that.

I'm not sure about the difference in size as you have the biggest balcony cabin, but probably the Junior Suite is slightly bigger.

/Erik

4. Cruizer

Cruizer Well-Known Member

You get double points, a tub/shower combo and priority boarding. I was just in a JS on the Enchantment from Feb 27 - March 10, 2012 (I'll post my review soon).

Here are the extras I found in my cabin ...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  5. Funnel

Gayle, I just saw that the Royal Suite is still available for this cruise. I think it was about $8000 for 2 people. A bargain... :whistle:
    There are also 2 poles in the Royal Suite, so; go for it, Gayle! :biggrin:

/Erik

6. ViviW

ViviW New Member

I would switch to a JS hump cabin. Aside from the extra space in the cabin it is a better location. Being in the middle of the ship makes it much easier to get anywhere on the ship. The elevators and stairs are right there and the distance from aft to forward or mid-ship is a hike--I am assuming you are sailing on Voyager.

7. Gayle V

Gayle V Cruiser's Compass Editor

Hi gang, Thanks for the information everyone.

Hi ViviW, We will be on the Navigator, as part of the Big Easy Group Cruise. While being in the back with so many of the rest of the gang, sounds like fun, I have been having trouble with my ankle (torn tendon) and walking that much may be an issue.

I spent over three months wearing an air-cast on my left leg, even while on our last cruise. (I admit to cheating and taking it off a lot while on the cruise.) But it's off permanently now. (I'm wearing a simple velcro-on ankle brace now) and the ankle is not really better. The doctor said, if the brace isn't enough, after a few months, "we'll have to re-think surgery." After surgery, I imagine, walking will likely still be a problem for a while. Considering I oringinaly injured this thing nearly eight months ago, and it's still not right, I have little faith that it'll be good come next March.

I'm thinking that if I do need to change cabins, the sooner I do it, the better. So I'm thinking about it now.

I had my doubts about that odd cabin anyway. The aft corner cabin that we have, has some odd negative features. (Not just the pole, Eric) And that weird balcony arrangement, with the beam that angles through the middle of it. (It's not one of the corners with the amazing balcony.)

Oh well, I'm still thinking about it.

8. Funnel

Gayle, do you really mean that the pole is a negative feature? :whistle:
    Isn't it one of the best features to have in any cabin? You can use it for pole dancing and also for keeping the balance if the sea is rough... :biggrin:

I agree about the balcony though - I was thinking of that cabin myself but could not decide if I should book it or not, and in the end you were faster than me... :whistle:

Here you can find some photos of the cabin and the balcony.
    Voyager-Class.com - Pictures of the aft balconies: Cabins 1388, 1688

/Erik

9. ViviW

ViviW New Member

Hi Gayle, Oh dear, I hope you don't have to have surgery. With your ankle and concerns about the balcony I would definitely go the mid-ship JS. Another plus of the JS, you'll have room to have friends over for drinks! Whichever way you go, I hope you have a great cruise.