Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

"Phantom" traffic jams

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by NiteStar, Jun 12, 2009.

1. NiteStar

NiteStar Guest

I always wondered what caused traffic jams when there was no wreck, no road construction.........no reason for a traffic jam!

<http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31325521/ns/technology_and_science-science/>

2. kpopperwell

kpopperwell Guest

hmm, doesn't make it any less frustrating when you are stuck in it. Thanks for the link.

3. kitten

kitten Guest

Sounds like "Atlanta-Traffic"! I can remember 20 years ago you could drive thru Atlanta with hardly any problems at all, my folks use to live in Murphy, N.C. and I could leave out anytime after 9:00 in the a.m. and just zip thru Atlanta, than later on no matter what time you left you'd get caught up in grid-lock, it's a nightmare to drive thru now.

4. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Guest

Happens around here all the time!

5. Corky

Corky Guest

I can't deal with traffic jams, real or otherwise, that is why I live in a podunky town. :lol

6. gram

gram Guest

:wave :wave :wave

OUr biggest cause of traffic jams is because Penn Dot puts out 5 miles of red cones makeing a two lane highway into a one lane. Why so many when they are only working in a five foot area!! I think they get paid piece work for all the red cones they put out!!!