Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

:phone ROLL CALL: Post a REPLY and Say Hello!

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by John, Mar 27, 2006.

1. JANPEP

JANPEP Guest

Jan here from the Twin Cities of MN, and I am proud to say I am a cruise@ddict..
    12 cruises so far & 2 more booked.
    Joining Maw & Paw on the Coral Princess in Sept. & going on the Amigos 07 with the cruise@ddicts group cruise in April of 07.
    I like to cruise in Jan. or Feb. to get out of the cold MN winter, but will go in Sept. & April to be with the great people I am cruising with. If you have never been on a group cruise with the Cruise#ddicts, try it, you will love it .
    I am a widow of almost 8 years & my children are grown & gone from home, biut live close by & sometimes cruise with me. I am a retired telephone operator.

2. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

[quote robert s]hi everyone.......Bob and Sue from Ontario Canada...........we are doing the 12 day Mediteranian cruise aboard the Grand Princess on May 38,2006............is anyone joing us?[/quote]

May 38? That would be one week after Memorial Day - right?

3. Chippsetter

Chippsetter Guest

Chippsetter and Alaskanpeach (David and Dannette) checking ing from beautiful Vancouver, Washington

4. Don M

Don M Guest

Greetings from North Carolina, where my wife and I are starving for another cruise. But we'll be skin and bones before we go on our next one, which is not until January! In the meantime, we have to resort to drinking beer out of our cruise souvenir glasses and listening to CD's of Caribbean music. Can't wait...

5. timh111

timh111 Guest

Greeting fellow @ddicts!!!
    We are booked on the Carnival Triumph, May 6th 2006 (our 16th Anniversary). On our honeymoon in 1990, we sailed on the Celebration. We chose this cruise (on the Triumph) because it is doing the SAME exact itenerary that the Celebration did on our honeymoon! I ordered the Anniversary room decos, a tray of canapes, Carnival is giving us a free bottle of Champagne, I arranged for 1 of the "Renewal Of Vows" packages that Carnival offers and a couple of (now) friends we met on the Grand Princess in 2004 are going and will be our Best Man & Maid Of Honors. I think it sounds pretty cool!!

6. inkspotbob

inkspotbob Guest

hELLO ., New to this site ., my name is Bob and my GF Kathy are going on our second cruise , this year in August we will be going on the Carnival Miracle , Last year we went also in August , and we went on the Victory., I guess you could say we are getting hooked on cruising.. We are both from the Boston ,Ma area and will be flying out of Logan airport. last year we flew in to Miami.,, and this year we will be going to Tampa.. we are going to get in to Tampa the day before ., We had a ball on last years cruise and hopefully this years will be as good .. when we came into Miami last year on the last day of our cruise it was the day after hurricane katrina went thru miami and then went to do all that damage ,, This year we are keeping our fingers crossed that no hurricanes will get in our paths.. anyone else planning on being on the Miracle on the 20th of aug. let me know..

7. chuckc54

chuckc54 Guest

I'm Chuck from Waldorf, MD. My wife Emily and I went on our 1st cruise this very week last year on the Carnival Fantasy to the Bahamas and loved it. We want to do an Alaskan cruisetour next year, wondering if we should deal with the cruise line directly, use a travel agent or AAA or AARP? We're not really hard partiers but do like to have fun and explore.

8. caighr

caighr Guest

hi there~ Polly from MN...looking forward to my cruise on the Carnival Valor departing Dec 10th. Is everyone as excited as i am??

9. bostongal

bostongal Guest

Meg and Marty saying hi from Winthrop, MA (outside of Boston). We have a 17 y.o. dd Liz who is graduating high school this June so I am knee deep in planning the party. Upcoming cruises are a b2b Alaska cruise in September and the Golden group cruise with my fellow @ddicts.

Meg

10. Hi, my name is Brandon. I'm from St. Louis. Just booked a cruise for the end of November to the Western Caribbean on the Grand Princess.

11. Jetty

Jetty Guest

Hello,
    I live in SW MIssouri with my husband Wayne. Between the two of us we have five children, all grown and six grandchildren, four great grandchildren and another one due in the fall. We love to cruise and will be going on our tenth cruise in August to Alaska on Holland.
    I do not post much but read the boards every day, what a great bunch of people. Have had the pleasure of becoming friends with Maw and Paw. Happy cruising to all.

Betty Jo

12. Libby

Libby Guest

Hi, and I'm Libby, back again and relatively new to using this board. I need help in putting some pictures with my signature and also listing cruises we've been on, and ones we have scheduled.
    Thank you!!!! Just got off the Brilliance, going to the Enchantment in April and May, and then the Empress in March 2007, and the Brilliance to the Med./Greek Isles in Sept. 2007.

13. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

Hello to all my extended family.... just adding my name to the roll call...

Cruisin Soon!!!!

Love Melissa

14. dianas231

dianas231 Guest

hi,i'am diana from baldwin,mi. I am a nurse at a dr.'s office and also work at a nursing home. I have two teens, one goes on cruises with me. I have cruised once and fell in love. My next cruise is in jan. 07. I'm new at this

15. Mbandy

Mbandy Guest

Hello All!

Michael chacking in from sunny Phoeniz, AZ. Still undergoing post cruise depression after out trip on Century last week... its getting better though. Do I have to unpack now :?

16. tw1nk1es

tw1nk1es Guest

Jo & Dave here in central Illinois, where I teach kindergarten and DH is a postal worker. We have been on 3 cruises and have not taken our brood on any cruises. We have seven kids as I bring home children the way some people collect furbabies! Our kids are the center of our lives except for one vacation each year when we refuse to acknowledge their existence.

They are as follow:
    DH#1 age29 Ceramics engineer - St. Louis area
    DH#2 age 28 Computer network engineer - lives nearby
    DH#3 age 27 Pharmacist - Lives with us due to recent tornado
    DH#4 age 26 Computer network engineer - Vienna, Virginia
    DD#1 age 19 Nursing student (lives at home)
    DS#5 age15 HS Student ( adoption pending)
    DD#2 age 13 Middle school student (adoption process just started)
    Two of these children are homemade, the rest were "store-bought" as my sons call it.

We also have a second 19 year old girl living with us while she attends nursing school (stray child brought home by DD#1) and one extremely pampered kitty.

Our usual hobby is taking a nap!

This summer we will take a trip to Ft. Lauderdale with 2 to 4 of these teen-age people. This fall we will travel to the Washington, DC area to visit with son #4. Next year we hope to escape from the whole group again!

17. Lonely addict from Hawaii. My wife, Celestine, and I have made 9 cruises so far, only on the QE 2 and various Princess ships.

Next cruise to Alaska on August 4th, on the Regal Princess.

18. Lonely addict from Hawaii. My wife, Celestine, and I have made 9 cruises so far, only on the QE 2 and various Princess ships.

Next cruise to Alaska on August 4th, on the Regal Princess. X(

19. davidar

davidar Guest

20. Wanderer

Wanderer Guest

Hello. My name is Terry and I, too, am an addict. The addiction began in 2001 on Explorer of the seas. Our next cruise is scheduled in October on Freedom of the Seas. Coping with the reality of no cruise for the next 6 months is going to be a challenge!!! Guess I'll have to stay logged into Cruise @ddicts to get through!