Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Pinel Island??

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by Hooked, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Hooked

Hooked Guest

Does anyone have any info on getting from the pier to Pinel Island in St. Marten?
    The ship has an excursion, all you get is transportation there, and snorkeling gear. We have our own stuff, so I guess we'd have to take a Taxi to Orient Beach than a water taxi out to the island. So how much are the Taxis, water, land, and is there an entrance fee to the island????

2. Bill&Jan

Bill&Jan Guest

We have been to Pinel Island 2 times in the early '90s. We took the Princess shore excursion both times, (couldn't wait to get back), so I'm not sure what the water taxi cost was. It's only a few minute boat ride, so I can't believe it is much more than 5 bucks or so. I remember a funny old man and his open boat, maybe 20-25 people per run.

Pinel is a great place to visit. They have good snorkeling, a small rental fleet of jet skis, paddle boats, Hobie Cat, etc, and a beach front "Chicken shack", with bbq and cold beer. Lots of trails and places to explore.

There was a big hurricane in '96 I think that busted up the whole area, so it may be quite different now.

Hope this helps.

3. Rufus

Rufus Guest

We took the tour with the ship before and after the hurricane and it is still beautiful. We want to go again and take the tour with the ship. For the few extra $$$ you don't have the worries, and there is entertainment and a bar that you can enjoy on your return with fellow cruisers.

4. z

z Guest

z