• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pinnacle Grill

S

sail7seas

You should dress per the dress code for the evening. If it is formal night, you would be expected to be in formal dress.

My DH ALWAYS wears a jacket to Pinnacle, even on a casual night. It is a very beautiful, fine dining restaurant and he would feel inappropriate to not at least have a wear a jacket. If it is an Informal Night, he wears a tie as well.

Pinnacles are wonderful. We have enjoyed many fine dinners in the various restaurants on a number of the ships.

R

redcrown

Thank you. I won't be going on a formal night and I always bring my tux for those nights on other lines. I haven't been bringing a suit or jacket and tie. So I guess I will pack one of those also.

L

Lady Jag

You'll need a jacket for semi-formal night anyway. We plan to try the Pinnacle Grille on semi-formal night & I'm looking forward to seeing DH dressed up. :)

F

Frank Black

You will not need a tie, but a jacket is appropriate. Unless you want to wear one. Don't be surprised to see all kinds of attire. My last HAL cruise had people in T-shirts, jeans and cowboy boots on formal night.

R

redcrown

On a 7 day cruise, I am assuming two formal nights. Of the remaining five is it two semi formal and three casual or is it another combination? Hmmmm, this sounds like old time cruising with 2 formal, 2 semi and no shorts anywhere in the public areas after 6:00 PM., which I miss.

I am sure S7S or Frank will have the answer for me on this. It will be greatly appreciated. I just got my HAL brochure and could not find it in there.

F

Frank Black

I just checked my Oosterdam documnets again. There is 2 formal, 1 semi-formal and 4 casual. The formal are always the second night and the second last night. Recently, many men have been wearing a jacket and no tie on the semi-formal night.

J

johnp1

I agree that dress should be appropriate for the planned attire in the dining room. Having said that, many of the men in the dining room on my most recent cruise (Veendam Feb.26-March12) wore golf shirts (!!!) on formal nights (one at our table claimed to have forgotten that it was a formal night) and were not asked to change......

R

redcrown

Thank you. So I guess it is the ole Tux and then jacket and tie for the semi formal and then on one of the casual we'll head up to the pinnacle, with jacket on. :)

F

Frank Black

For me, if I go to the Pinnacle Grill on a casual night it's a polo shirt and no jacket. Why not stroll by the Grill a few nights before you go and see what they are wearing. BTW... take some cash to tip.

S

sail7seas

For a seven day cruise on HAL, there will be two formal nights, one informal and the rest casual.

I have been told that HAL will be enforcing the dress code more than they have in recent past. There are Maitre d's now who ask people who arrive at the dining room inappropriately dressed for the evening to return to their cabins and change or, in the alternative, to enjoy their dinner in Lido.

R

redcrown

S7S,

I can remember a few years back where even budget lines like the Dolphin, Premier, and Regency Cruise Lines would do that and if one was more than 15 minutes late, the dining room doors were closed.

In many respects, I do miss those days. It did add, IMHO, a little more to the atmosphere of cruising.

S

sail7seas

HAL closes the dining room doors fifteen minutes after the scheduled seating has begun....just as you describe.

F

Frank Black

I will be on the Oosterdam on April 2nd. I will report back whether they enforce dress codes at dinner.

D

DonBoston

I was on the Zuiderdam last week. I saw people amber in to the main dining room 20+ minutes late.
No doors were closed.

F

Frank Black

I was on the Oosterdam 3 weeks ago. They close the doors, but do not lock them. I saw peopel coming in 1 5 to 20 minutes late. I suppose at some time maybe 30 or 45 minutes late they would not serve you. They never stopped anyone from entering and never enforced dress codes. I also saw waiters remove the dinner settings from the tables with empty seats also once the meal starts being served.

941Cass

Pinnacle Grill is a wonderful treat! Had a fantastic meal! HAL has a reduced cost on the first night...so you might want to consider dining at the Pinnacle Grill then. And yes, HAL does close the doors to the main dining room (we discovered this when we got in line incorrectly for the lower dining room and we were seated in the upper dining room. So we just went in the lower diningroom and walked up the stairs to our table. We did receive a nasty comment from our waiter.)

P

peaches

Cass, I'm a little confused. I'm reading it that you had were assigned Upper Level dining (8 PM) yet were on line at the Lower Level which has 8:30 PM dining. When the doors opened you then walked up the stairs to Upper Level to your table- 30 minutes late. Is that correct?

Why were you on line at the lower level entrance to begin with and why so late for your assigned time which was 8 PM? AND what did your steward say to you that was 'nasty'???

S

sail7seas

If Peaches has gotten it correct, I can understand why your dining steward would be annoyed. He should not make nasty remarks but then again, you should not appear in the dining room 30 minutes late and expect him to be delighted to see you.