Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

~ PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE~

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by staciewrath, Jan 25, 2005.

1. staciewrath

staciewrath Guest

We have never Cruised before. My TA set us up on the Carnival Conquest.. Western Carribean.. Well she just called me and told me that I can get a Cruise on the Granduer Of The Seas.. Western Caribean. For about $60 cheaper per person in a Ocean View Room... Which we can not afford on the Conquest..

So Can anyone give me some advice on which I should choose?

Stacie

2. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

The Conquest is a bit newer and bigger. In my opinion, RCCL and Carnival offer a very similar product. (I've sailed Carnival 3x and RCCL 4x.) If the itineratry is the same and you didn't particularly have your heart set on the Conquest, go ahead with the Granduer!

3. nimbex

nimbex Guest

I'm all for saving$$ now to spend later on the cruise. I've sailed the conquest, it was great, we're booked on the grandeur. Are you looking at the repositioning date? 4/30/05

4. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Grandeur is a beautiful ship. I've sailed on her twice but it's been a few years. I agree about saving the money for the extras.

5. Ali

Ali Guest

I'd go for the oceanview cabin and the $120 savings. I have sailed on the Grandeur. It's a great ship. You'll have a wonderful time on your first cruise. Be prepared to become addicted like the rest of us. :lol

6. staciewrath

staciewrath Guest

nimbex Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Are you looking at
    > the repositioning date? 4/30/05
    >
    > Cruisin' the Caribbean
    >
    >
    > Grandeur repositioning 4/30/05
    >
    >
    > Destiny 9/04
    > Conquest 4/04
    > Inspiration 10/03

What is the repositioning date? I dont know what it means?

7. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

A repositioning cruise simply means that at the end of the current season of sailings from New Orleans (or any other port for that matter), a ship will reposition for sailings from another port. In the case of the Grandeur, she will depart New Orleans April 30 for the final time this season and will reposition for a summer season of sailings from Baltimore ( I think).

8. staciewrath

staciewrath Guest

We are sailing March 5th..... So that wouldnt apply to me right????

9. Ali

Ali Guest

Correct the repositioning cruise isn't your sailing. As Cruzman said that sailing is on April 30th. :)

10. machllz

machllz Guest

The Conquest is HUGE and Awesome!! But if saving the extra $$ is important go RCCL. You don't spend much time in the room, so the nicer of the two ships would be better.