Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

point

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by cajun, May 17, 2004.

1. cajun

cajun Guest

Hi fellow travellers. How many have gone to the "Point" restaurant? Is it worth the extra money? Is the food better than the regular dining? What do they have in there that you can't get in regular dining? Is it romantic where the two of you can stay most of the evening without being ushered out? What is the best night to go?

2. coffeecups

coffeecups Guest

You may want to rephrase your post to something a little more specific like 'is the point a good place to eat?' I suggest this because I only looked here because I thought you wanted to state a point. We want to make sure that you get responses!

From what 'Ive heard or read, the Point is excellent! There are a few previous posts about this and it is also included in the reviews for the (Conquest??). I don't know how long you can stay there, but they sure do feed you and well. The only complaint one person had was in buying a bottle of wine. The price included a gratuity, which came up to 30% ($9.00) instead of 15%.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

coffeecups

3. cajun

cajun Guest

thanks for the tip, I'll try again
    =sailor

4. carolee

carolee Guest

THE POINT. NOW THAT IS A GOOD PLACE TO EAT. IT IS VERY NICE, ROMANTIC AND MUCH DIFFERENT THAN THE REGULAR DINNING ROOM.. WORTH THE COVER CHARGE. WE TOO BOUGHT WINE, BUT I REALLY DID NOT RECALL IT COSTING ALL THAT MUCH. WE WENT ON A FRIDAY NIGHT . BUT MADE OUR RESERVATION THE DAY WE GOT ON THE SHIP. WE THOUGHT THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD. I WILL GO THERE ON MY NEXT CRUISE.

5. HS

HS Guest

The Point is excellent. It is everything you wondered about -- incredible food and service and atmosphere. As for staying long, yeah, you can stay as long as like. In fact, budget 2 1/2 to 3 hours for it. If there was a negative to me, that was what kept from going back a second night for such a fabulous meal-experience. With so much to do on the Conguest, I didn't care to spend that much time on the night's meal.

6. coffeecups

coffeecups Guest

Obviously I was wrong, you got some excellent answerw Cajun.

Might try it myself-- the point!!

coffeecups

7. HS

HS Guest

Me again. Don't take my word for it. One of the couples with us, the husband is a professional chef/restaurant owner. He was so blown away by the whole experience â€â€Ã¢â‚¬â€ the food, the atmosphere, the service and presentation -- that he went back twice more (to take notes, I think). He even talked them into giving him a tour of the kitchen as a professional courtesy.

8. cajun

cajun Guest

Thanks HS. I believe I'll try it. You never know about these things until you talk to someone who's been. Sounds like something special not to miss.

=sailor

9. Deac15

Deac15 Guest

What and where is the Point? (obviously a resturant, but what is so special about it)

10. Belizemama

Belizemama Guest

cajun,
    One word....GO! We loved it and thought it was well worth the $25 pp. Very elegant. Huge lobster tail, huge steaks (24 oz. porterhouse), excellent filet, scrumptious shrimp cocktail, onion soup to die for....oops, more than one word. Oh well :):)

11. cruisegary

cruisegary Guest

Some simple protocol, not unlike talking with others.

subject headings like the following do not work very well. Take about 3 seconds and write like you would speak. You would never walk up to a group of people and say:

point
    new cruiser
    question
    first timer
    port
    ship

On a related note ALL CAPS IS OFTEN SEEN AS SHOUTING and difficult to read, unless you are a government official who thinks EVERYTHING they write is so darn important is should be in all caps, which of course misses the point since people no longer read it

12. Sophie

Sophie Guest

we had dinner at the point on friday evening; i just wish we had gone earlier in the week b/c we were soooo exhausted on this particular evening we didnt have dessert and coffee.. just headed back to room. we did buy the wine @ $30ish per bottle and were hit with a $9 gratuity on that.... should've asked about it, but didnt. the food was excellent, service spectacular. very romantic atmosphere. i would probably go again.

13. mike-suz

mike-suz Guest

Well, I hoped it would be in one of the posts, but alas, it wasn't.
    Is this specialty restaurant "The Point" on one specific ship or several specific ships.
    An even better question.... is it on the Glory or Miracle?

14. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Good Lord!! This really seems like the place to be! Especially the way you guys put it... belizemama! :lol I really had to read your post twice!

But just where is this "point"

Ken

15. jasonlynn

jasonlynn Guest

16. Belizemama

Belizemama Guest

The Point is a restaurant on The Conquest. Excellent place to try. Some of the other Carnival ships have a similar restaurant by a different name. Don't know about any of the others though.

17. Jamman

Jamman Guest

I've heard nothing but rave reviews about all the "Supper" clubs on the ships that have them, which are the Spirit and Conquest class ships. We will be making a reservation for the Golden Fleece as soon as we board the Carnival Legend in July.

18. cajun

cajun Guest

You have my mouth watering. I can just taste that perfect steak and the wonderful crab claws. What's for desert? I think I'll go on a 10 day diet before the cruise. I know it is best to leave something for surprise but what is on the dessert menu?

19. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Cajun? Art sculptures that are disquised <<spelling>> as desserts. That's all I can say! :lol

20. mike-suz

mike-suz Guest

The sad part about these supper clubs in my opinion, is that 10 years ago when I sailed on the Celebrity line twice, the quality of food and service that is being served up at these supper clubs was what you got in the regular dining rooms.
    Now, if you want that level of service and food, you're expected to pay a premium on board.

I suppose it's a viable way to offer both reasonable cruise rates AND a higher level of dining to satisfy every budget.