Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Poll: how many actaully wear a tux on a 7day cruise?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Mmketeer, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Mmketeer

Mmketeer Guest

Hi gang,

I know this is an on-going question, so just thought I would get some personal opinions here.

So, how many men really wear a tux on a 7 day Eastern or Western Carribean cruise on RCCL? You can answer for yourself or family!

2. tvanhooz

tvanhooz Guest

I do not and you would be in the minority if you do. Now, I am not saying this as a negative....it is up to each and every person to dress how they want and that is the beauty of it all.

I don't even bring ties anymore. I simply bring a dark suit with a nice shirt underneath and I, personally, never feel out of place. Heck, you will see people in there, although VERY few, that don't even wear a suit.

Happy cruising!

3. Searcher

Searcher Guest

tvanhooz wrote:

> I do not and you would be in the minority if you do. Now, I am
    > not saying this as a negative....it is up to each and every
    > person to dress how they want and that is the beauty of it all.

I did it the first cruise and that was enough. 27 cruises later I am still tuxless but do spare the snobs by eating in the Windjammer on formal night or order room service and eat on the balcony.

4. redcrown

redcrown Guest

I do and I don't particularly care what others wear. They can wear a jacket and tie , suit or come jacket less and tie less if that is what they choose to do.

5. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

My husband does . We don't care what other people wear, to each his own. I think he looks sharp in his tux :thumb

Laurie :wave

6. cruzincat

cruzincat Guest

Our group of 12 that travel together always wear tuxes. We just enjoy dressing up. Not "Snobby" at all. Everyone should feel free to do dress how they want and feel good about it. On our last trip to Mexico in May, I would estimate that 60% or better wore tuxes. Everyone else that came to dinner in the dining room looked nice also.

cruzincat

7. Searcher

Searcher Guest

cruzincat wrote:

> Our group of 12 that travel together always wear tuxes. We just
    > enjoy dressing up. Not "Snobby" at all. Everyone should feel
    > free to do dress how they want and feel good about it. On our
    > last trip to Mexico in May, I would estimate that 60% or better
    > wore tuxes. Everyone else that came to dinner in the dining
    > room looked nice also.
    >
    > cruzincat

You miss my point as do most... :)

It is not most people who wear a tux are snobs but it is all people who think I should wear a tux are snobs.

Understand now? :)

8. Chippsetter

Chippsetter Guest

I did both formal nights and will again. You wear what you want as long as it looks decent.

9. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

I always wear a tux on formal night. I feel that it adds to the ambiance and atmosphere of the occasion. On my most recent cruise on the Zuiderdam, a lady actually walked up to me and said "Sir, thank you for wearing a tuxedo this evening". My response was of course, "My pleasure". To each his own, but I feel that formal night is a special occasion and dressing appropriately enhances the experience.

10. mrssully

mrssully Guest

My husband wears one both dressy nights. I think he looks spiffy and that's all that matters to him. :)

11. brula

brula Guest

I also wear my tux on formal nights. My wife loves dressing up and so do I. We're not snobs and we don't really care what any one else wears. I have even bought some very bright and wild cummerbunds and bow ties to "dress up" the tux. I think part of the fun is "going along" with the various themes. My suggestion is to do what makes you feel good.

12. malprl

malprl Guest

My huz wears a dark suit with dress shirt, and really dressy tie. He looks great, but I also hope he'll wear a tux someday...maybe......
    Mal

13. Tra4

Tra4 Guest

My husband and son both wear tuxes and my daughter and I both dress in formals on our 7, 10 & 12 day cruises. We have our picture taken, they race through dinner, run to the room and change into shorts to go to adventure ocean. But at least I have the picture and we use it as our Christmas card each year. We are a handsome family--at least for a few minutes that evening--LOL!!!

Tracey

14. paulfredo

paulfredo Guest

I wear a tux... I din't think I would enjoy it, but I do... and I'm so far from being a "snob" that it's not the same universe. Personally, it doesn't affect me one way or the other what others wear. However, some people also miss the point when they think people are snobs because they believe that it is the adult and responsible thing to do in observing the suggested traditions.

You will see a mix of differnt kinds of dress, even on formal night.

paul

15. rjinkins

rjinkins Guest

I always wear a tux or dinner jacket. I, too, am not a snob. I could care less what anyone else has on, or doesn't have on. We enjoy dressing for dinner. We usually have a few pix made and then head for the cabin and dress down for the late show.

16. magnumcoog

magnumcoog Guest

Dark suit for me.

17. CMAN

CMAN Guest

On a 7 night cruise I usually wear a Tux for the most formal night and a Black Suit for the other formal night. Usually change into casual for late night on formal nights.

18. Budracer

Budracer Guest

Always, and I'm not a rich snob,(no offense to anyone) but I went to buy a new suit for our first cruise and found a Tux at S&K for less than the suit, so I bought it and we really enjoy dressing up on formal night, don't get to very often. It is a very special thing to us.

19. jimbulger

jimbulger Guest

i love wearing a tux I do it both nights
    I am not a snob....BUT the rules are the rules
    I have been denied access to many "ala carte restaurants" at all-inclusive resorts because i didn't have slacks with me the only person I begrudge is my travel agent for not telling me so that i could pack appropriately.

the person who said they thought that those who felt he should "dress up" for formal night was a hair out of line....while i think that it makes no diff wheter its a suit or a tux those are the rules for the dining room and they should be adhered to...
    the one thing i would agree with is at least he eats in the alternative dining

there are just some people who think the rules dont apply to them....(not neccesarily the poster in question) perhaps they are the snobs

20. Budracer

Budracer Guest

I agree with Jim, but it does not bother me at all to see people in jeans or whatever, we dress up because it's our cruise and we want to, just like it's all those other peoples cruise too and they do what they want. I did not want anyone to take what I said the wrong way about the snob crack, just meant we are not wealthy, just working folk like most here, and did not mean people who have lots of money are snobs. Sorry if I offended anyone, I need to read my post a little better before I hit the post button. Rob