Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Poll Question of the Day? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by John, Jun 7, 2002.

1. John

John Guest

I saw this poll question on another site and wondered how you all felt?

How many of you read other bb boards. Not different areas of this site, but different sites, such as cruise2, etc. And..........How many of you consider this "home"?

Yes, I'm alittle partial on calling this my "Home" because it is.... but, I'd be interested in what you personally think.

2. ArkJudy

ArkJudy Guest

John:

I'm relatively new to this BB, but it's already home. That said, I visit and post on other BB sites, cruise and others. But I always visit this site first, because it's warm and friendly!

Judy

3. BillPSF

BillPSF Guest

I'm home here. I pretty much don't stray. LOL

4. Toto

Toto Guest

'THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME' (on the Cruise@ddicts Board) I think that might answer your question there John.
    I do read 'other' boards at times, only for a reminder of why this board is home. Those are boards can get very dangerous and scary! :lol

5. Toni Rock

Toni Rock Guest

NO WHERE BUT HERE!!!!

6. 2TallMike

2TallMike Guest

Tried the rest, came back to the best.

7. Sharisoda

Sharisoda Guest

I consider CC my home. But I check out CA everyday, because of the informative topics and for the joke of the day!

:daisy :daisy :daisy

Shari
    Enchantment of the Seas
    October 13, 2002

8. Sharisoda

Sharisoda Guest

Could someone tell me how to get rid of all of that space under my gif?????

Thanks

Shari
    Enchantment of the Seas
    October 13, 2002

9. Kathy

Kathy Guest

Every once in a while, I check out other boards but never post on them. I certainly consider this my cruise "home". Many of those boards seem to be controlled by a few people and don't have nearly the activity that we have here. Everyone is so friendly here and anyone can post without fear of be flamed.

IMHO, this board is the best. It covers every aspect of cruising, is constantly being upgraded and improved and is closely monitored. The other boards offer me nothing I can't get here.

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Guest

This is defintely Home. Yes I read other boards but I don't post at them with the exception of the past couple of weeks because several from Cruise Addicts and Cruise Critic are sailing on the Grand this weekend and a get-together was being planned.

But this board is by far the friendliest, the most knowledgeable, and the one I most prefer :thumb

Robin

11. bOB

bOB Guest

I read other boards, but mainly to see what they are saying about us.....................
    only lurking, haven't posted on any other board for a looooooooong long time

When your the best you always seem to have someone spending more time
    biting at your heel than paying attention to their own back yard...... :grin

12. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I read two other BB's on a regular basis and post regularly on one other. I found this "home" when it was referred to on that other site.

When I first came here, there was far less conversation re: HAL which is my favorite cruise line. I stayed at the other board as I wanted to talk and hear about HAL there and have remained there for "dedicated HAL talk" In recent months, I've noticed more and more mention of HAL and it pleases me alot to be able to talk HAL more here, as well. But it's no contest.....THIS IS THE BEST BB on the Net as far as I am concerned....not just the best cruise BB, but the best BB period.

Thanks for all you do, John, do provide us with this wonderful site. You are always so responsive to us ....all you do is VERY MUCH appreciated.

13. PEB

PEB Guest

I do read and sometimes post on other boards but this is home. This is where I feel the most comfortable and the most welcome.

14. red stripe

red stripe Guest

I forget about the other boards, I used to go check one or two, but only about once a month, or when someone said that there was something worth reading on them, but that does not happen too often, so I no longer bother.
    I find that this board has everything I want. good friends that share their knowlege as well as their good times and bad. It is a really great community, and one that I am proud to belong to.
    And a board that welcomes everyone, no matter if you call this board "home" or just stop by now and then to visit.

15. Cruzship

Cruzship Guest

I read others, and will answer a question from another cruiser anywhere if I can be of help, but this is a web "community". Its obvious on some other sites that some regular posters are paid employees of their respective sites, and that is what I most like here, we are ALL here ONLY for the love of cruising!

haveadonut!

16. Judi

Judi Guest

This is definitely home to me.

I used to post on other boards, but now I'm here pretty much all the time.

I stopped going to one board in particular because it's so pathetic in that all they do is slam the other boards and cruise-related web sites. That's not what we're here for. We may have a lot of off-topics and do a lot of joking around, but cruise questions are ALWAYS answered!

I also like the way John keeps an eye on things, and the fair manner by which he moderates. :thumb

17. Cindy

Cindy Guest

This is my favorite board because I consider the people here to be "family". However, I do read a couple of other cruise boards and occasionally post an answer to a question on them. Cruise-Addicts is definitely the most interesting in every way.
    Cindy

18. Seawall

Seawall Guest

This is HOME for me! I like bOB's response..... I do that too, and when I'm getting close to a cruise, I read the specific board for the line I'm taking on CC. I have posted a couple of times on CC, just to get specific info on the Rhapsody.
    John, you run the best board on the net! :thumb

19. I do check other boards but of course this is home.

20. beachmom5

beachmom5 Guest

I consider this home.

I do read other boards and occasionaly post on them, mostly to send people here for their questions to be answered.
    If you are looking for different (odd) areas of cruising you search every place you can find.
    By the way John, I have often wondered if you post on any other board? Just asking. lol