Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Pop cards ??

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by pormond, Mar 10, 2004.

1. pormond

pormond Guest

Are pop cards available on HAL? If so, what is the cost and what do they entail?
    I haven't seen anything on this in any of my brochures. Thanks :)

2. Judi

Judi Guest

Holland America offers a 7 day FOUNTAIN Soft Drink Card for $26.25 and a 10 day for $37.50.

Notice the word fountain. That means you can't get cans of soda and you can only get the soda where it's "on tap" for lack of a better way of saying it.

Hope this helps!

3. Judi

Judi Guest

Ooops, I forgot to mention.........

Cards are not available on Noordam, Ryndam or Prinsendam!!

4. tsorensen55

tsorensen55 Guest

We are going on a Hollland America cruise on 3/20 on Ryndam and pop cards were listed on the web site gift list. I called and asked about them and were told they were good for that cruise so we purchased them for our sons. Will let you know if this doesn't pan out.

5. pormond

pormond Guest

Thanks Judi :) Very helpful inforamtion.

tsorensen55 - Hope to hear a trip report when you return. Especially how your kids liked it and what they thought of the kids programs. What are their ages?

6. Hal

Hal Guest

We sailed on the Zaandam over the Christmas Holiday and our youngest son (HS sophmore) got a pop card. However, the only advertisements on the ship for pop was for a 10 drink card. On day 2 of the sailing, a friendly bar waitress suggested the card for the whole week and we saved a bunch. You have to ask for the card if you don't buy in advance and it is not well publicized.

7. pormond

pormond Guest

Can the pop card be used on Half Moon Cay? Since it is owned by HAL?

8. peaches

peaches Guest

No, I don't think so. Just on the ship I believe.

9. Hal

Hal Guest

The pop card was not able to be used at Half Moon when we visited over the Christmas Holidays. Just the ship.

10. saskman

saskman Guest

Pop cards were available on Ryndam in Feb.
    10 pop cards were about 17.50 I think. This was for can pop. Unfortunately, they only have Coke products.

11. RetiredLDO

RetiredLDO Guest

Make sure you can drink alot of soda, the cruise line is not going to lose money on those things, If the price is 27 dollars for the 7 day cruise that is 16 cans of soda or 192 oz of soda, since they are only used for fountain sodas, add ice in etc, you have to drink well over 20 plus glasses of soda, just to stay about even.

Regards

Pete

12. my3kids

my3kids Guest

What about lemonade or punch? Are these types of drinks available from the bars at no charge, or if there is a charge for this, would the soda card cover it?

13. mlk

mlk Guest

" Unfortunately, they only have Coke products."

Hey, them's fighting words!

14. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

If the ten drink card was $17.50, I do not see the point of buying one. Each can of soda ordered from a bar steward or at the bar costs $1.75. Why would anyone buy a card that forces them to buy the ten??

15. zazzy

zazzy Guest

It is a 7 or 10 DAY... Day not drink. That is what I read on the HAL site. Soda is not that important to me. I can definitely get by with water, iced tea, lemonade, juice, and coffee.... lots and lots of coffee!!!

16. dogladyjw

dogladyjw Guest

Am considering a 5 Day Alaska Cruise round trip from Vancouver with Senic Inside Passage Cruise, Sitka, and Ketchikan on the Ryndam...how much for 5 day pop card? Also, considering msZuiderdam Bahama Cruise 4 day Key West, Nassau, HMC...how much for 4 day pop card?

17. jas2

jas2 Guest

There were two soda cards were available on the Zuiderdam in June. One for $27.00 which was only good on the ship. One for $32.00 (or close to that amount) which could be used on the ship and on Half Moon Cay. Often when my brother ordered a Coke, they would bring him two glasses of Coke. These cards are only for fountain sodas, not by the can.

18. jimlinalf

jimlinalf Guest

Just an added note to Pete's previous posting, the cost of a fountain soda is minimal to the cruise line so they are making big bucks off that soda card. That is the major reason that all the mini-market/gas station/convenience stores went and installed the soda fountains, and jacked up the prices of the canned and bottle sodas. Major profits without a noticeable drop in soda sails.

Jim

19. nu2cruisin

nu2cruisin Guest

Jim - Now that's a true addict...soda sales, soda sails :daisy