Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Port Canaveral - quickest and cheapest - Daytona, Melbourne, or Orlando?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by jaharsky, Jan 6, 2005.

1. jaharsky

jaharsky Guest

I'm cruising from Port Canaveral this summer and am wondering what the easiest and cheapest way to get to the port is. I will be flying to the area and plan to arrive one day early and get a hotel room. Orlando has the cheapest flights, but would flying to another airport be worth the time saved in getting to the port?
    Any suggestions on cheap transportation to the port would be greatly appreciated.

2. Searcher

Searcher Guest

jaharsky Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > I'm cruising from Port Canaveral this summer and
    > am wondering what the easiest and cheapest way to
    > get to the port is. I will be flying to the area
    > and plan to arrive one day early and get a hotel
    > room. Orlando has the cheapest flights, but would
    > flying to another airport be worth the time saved
    > in getting to the port?
    > Any suggestions on cheap transportation to the
    > port would be greatly appreciated.

Amtrak.

Dead serious too. :)

3. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Orlando airport (MCO) Is about 40 min. from the port, that is the airport most cruise passengers fly into. Daytona is farther away and Melbourne according to the Port Canaveral web site takes about as long to get to as MCO.You can get private shuttle service to bring you to your hotel, pier and back. If you stay at the Radisson in Cape Canaveral they offer free shuttle service to the port. There are so many shuttle companies in the area, one of them is Art's shuttle and they have had good reviews from other cruise addicts

Here is the link for Port Canaveral, click on airport transportation and it brings up all the airports in the area.

http://www.portcanaveral.org/portinfo/transportation.htm

Here is a link for Art's shuttle, again there are several services, you can do a search for more, this is just so you can get an idea of prices.

http://www.artsshuttle.com/

4. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Definately Orlando

5. my3kids

my3kids Guest

The cheapest, by far, would be to rent a car at MCO and drive to the port. You can return it there for no additional fee. Do the same thing in reverse by reserving the car for the day to go from Port to MCO.

6. law-nee

law-nee Guest

Shuttles from Orlando to Port Canaveral

Has anyone ever used "Orlando Ride" as a shuttle service between Orlando and the Port? Or is Art's Shuttle the cheapest and most reliable?

Thanks for any help.
    Lani

7. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

We used Orlando Ride a few months ago. It was a very good price for a limo, and the service was adequate.

One thing....if they tell you that you have to pay a 'service charge' that is actually their tip!

8. kitten

kitten Guest

I plan on flying into Orlando in October, I will be taking "Art's Shuttle" service to the Port. You can find their website if you go to the top of this page and on the Banner click onto Links and go to Ground Transportation, once you click on that scroll down until you find "Art's Shuttle Service". Hope this helps.

9. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

There is a link in my post above for Art's shuttle :wave
    Kitten, I just read about you going on the Mos@ic cruise.....Congrats :jump and I think you made an excellant choice of cabin mates :thumb That is going to be one heck of a cruise :) I am still trying to see if we can manage to go as well, it is sure going to be a cruise to remember :thumb

We have also used Standard transportation service to get a Town car from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral, we have used them twice. The last time was this past weekend for our cruise on the SOS. They are very nice and they have shuttles also, they are a family owned company and are on time, which is always nice :thumb Here is a link to their web site....

http://www.standardtransportation.com/mainwebsite_html/index.htm

You can call them and ask if they have any specials etc. as well as maybe a group rate if their is a large group.

We flew into MCO(Orlando airport) last week and it was a 40 min. ride to the pier. that is the airport we like to fly into as I mentioned in my post above.It really is not too long of a ride and it goes by fast.

10. kitten

kitten Guest

Thank's Laurie! The person responsible for getting us together is Hooked! So any damage that is done we can blame it on him!:lol I sure do hope you can make it, would love to meet you! In fact if anybody out there is able to, and want's to to be able to meet up with a bunch of C@'s at one sitting, this is the cruise to be on! I checked the site that you provided, their prices are comprable to other places and I like their fleet. I checked on a stretch-limo service also, once they show up they provide Lei's, champagne, drinks and light snacks for your ride over to the Port along with a Bon Voyage sign in the car! Now that was $190.00 round trip, to and from the Port. I can just imagine Ali & myself showing up, Lei's around our neck's with a tummy full of champagne! :lol :dizzy

11. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Kitten,
    That limo sounds great :thumb The price isn't a lot more than getting a regular Towncar and you would really arrive in style =bigwave
    Are you guys staying overnight at a hotel before the cruise? The Mariner doesn't know what it is in for when all the Cruise @ddicts hop onboard =lolgang

12. kitten

kitten Guest

Ali & I will be flying in the morning of the cruise. I think Ali's flying Delta out of Chicago and I'm flying Air Tran out of Atlanta, I'll be taking the first flight of the day which leaves at 8:00 a.m. gives me plenty of time.
    I just hope that poor ship is ready for all of us!