• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Port Everglades Web Cam This is so cool!

reggae

Maybe this has already been posted??

I discovered the NEW Port Everglades webcam and it is really something!

You know how most of those web-cam sites are so teeny-tiny? Well this is BIG, and if you have Hi-Def, the picture is crystal clear!

Someone at the Port must be working the camera, because sometimes they move the view if something else interesting is going on.

It's a live-streaming cam, and just watching the waves on the water is mesmerizing for me :boogie:

Yesterday, I watched the Navigator, planes taking off and landing, some huge freighters go by, etc. When the ships go past the camera, the view is so close, you feel you can reach out and touch it!

This morning, very early, I watched the Westerdam come in to the Port. You could actually see the people out on their balconies. I was amazed that so many people were up and out on the their balconies that early in the morning!

Make sure to have your volume on, because this site has sound too....what you hear is the radio traffic from the Port. (you can catch the names of the freighters, tugs, etc.)

Here is the website....should be great watching this weekend, when all the ships go in and out.

Port Everglades Webcam - A Fort Lauderdale Web Cam in South East Florida

Last edited by a moderator:

reggae

Re: This is so cool!

If you're an "early-bird" you'll be able to catch the ships passing the camera "real close" as they come into the Port. Great viewing....makes the ships look so HUGE!

It just amazes me....today's technology!

Calgon1

Awaiting results of mental evaluation

Thanks! I've bookmarked this one.

If any C@s are sailing out of FFL you need to be at the port railing, with the C@s flag, so we can see you on departure.

Einstein

Very Cool indeed. Looks like the feeds are originating from the Condos that the ships pass by. :doubleup: We will be there on the 28th so keep a watch out at 5 PM. :boogie:

Last edited:

Whimsy

This is very cool indeed! Thanks for sharing. I have it book marked and will also share it with those going on the group cruise next January.

Calgon1

Awaiting results of mental evaluation

:doubleup: We will be there on the 28th so keep a watch out at 5 PM. :boogie:
I'll be looking for you guys. If your balcony is on the port side make sure your flag is secured to the railing. Will try to capture a screen shot for you. :camera:

Corky

Totally awesome!! :thankyou: I just sent the link to my son and FIL so they can start watching now for the Ruby!! :doubleup:

reggae

Okay, here's the deal....

If you read more on the site, you'll find this link, where they capture "wave photos" of people waving from the ships as the leave the port. Then you can get them off that site (free, I believe)...might be worth it to contact them (email) to see where you need to be on the ship to be photographed.

Here's the site: InletPhotos from Port Everglades Inlet in Ft Lauderdale Florida

Then you can also go to this site, to see the archives of the past few hours, etc.

Port Fever - Port Everglades Webcam Archive

BTW...I have no connection with these sites, just found all this information on the Port Everglades webcam site. Thought you might be interested....

reggae

Very Cool indeed. Looks like the feeds are originating from the Condos that the ships pass by. :doubleup: We will be there on the 28th so keep a watch out at 5 PM. :boogie:
I believe this webcam is totally controlled by the Port Everglades Authority.

....and yes...I'll be watching for you lucky cruisers on the 28th! That C@ flag will be easy to spot!

Hi-Def makes viewing this cam so much better....

duskbat

Wow its my new fav. web cam! thanks! When I move in a few weeks I am going to get a wall projector and keep this on my wall like a big window. I cant wait.

Cyndi

Wow its my new fav. web cam! thanks! When I move in a few weeks I am going to get a wall projector and keep this on my wall like a big window. I cant wait.
Thanks reggae, that is a great site, and what a great idea Duskbat!!:thankyou::thankyou:

Karry

Don't know what I did wrong. When I clicked on the link all I got was a map and then when I clicked on the arrow to "start the video" (or whatever I did!!) I was kicked off my computer. :doubledown::madd::shrug:DH had to get me up and running again! :huh:

TexasSue

Great site and when you click on control camera a smaller window pops up and you can control the camera by moving it but the large camera photo does not changes. Really neat site. Thanks Susan

red stripe

Thank you for this link, it is great. I have bookmarked it also.
Our balcony is a corner aft.. and in on the port side.. so should be good. The flag will be up.

red stripe

I have sent them an email, asking for more info on ordering and asking how long they keep photos. I told them our sail date and that it is a 14 day cruise, with added days to allow for travel.

And now as this is really great cruise related info and will be of interest to the other cruisers, I am moving it over to the Cruise chat board.

Thanks again for a great site.