• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Port Everglades Web Cam This is so cool!

Corky

Hey, Capt or Elves....can this post be made into a sticky or does it use too much bandwidth or something of the sorts? See, I am trying to sound techie. :biggrin:

Karry

Corky, I don't know how to do any of that fancy schmancy stuff either. Don't know what the heck Dusky is talking about! :huh: Don't know what bookmarks are either. :scratch: I just put the webcam in my favorite places and click on it! :eek:k:

reggae

Corky, I don't know how to do any of that fancy schmancy stuff either. Don't know what the heck Dusky is talking about! :huh: Don't know what bookmarks are either. :scratch: I just put the webcam in my favorite places and click on it! :eek:k:
Karry, I don't consider myself a "techie" but I've learned a lot through the years, by trial and error :whistle:

Bookmarks and Favorites are the same thing. They are called different things on different browsers. So "bookmarking" and "add to your Favorites" is the same.

....and if I may, here's what Dusky is talking about (and feel free to jump in here Duskbat)...

With the proper wiring (or wireless), you can link what is on your computer to your Flat-Screen TV, or in Duskbat's plan....he will have a Projection TV Set-up in his new place. That will place a huge wall-size image on your viewing wall (or screen).

He is thinking of patching the new High-Definition web cam (Port Everglades) onto that wall or screen.

If it works, it would be amazing to see!

BTW...Duskbat is an Apple fan, so his equipment is a little different from ours (and much better in my opinion)

So we wait, until he let's us know....

Hope that clears things up a bit...

Karry

:eek:k: At least you speak English! :whistle: While I'm here, Dusky, why are you moving again and Bread, how (and why?) do you have 2 monitors? :thankyou: Patty!

Corky

Well, Karry & Reggae - I do have wireless on my TV...thru my Wii...may have to type the address in and see what I get. Thnx!!! :doubleup:

duskbat

Karry
1st move in 3 years. This time I bought my own condo across from the beach and on a state park. So exciting.

Yep Reggae. a projector so I can see web cam on wall! it will be so nice. Like i live in port everglades for half the price

duskbat

Hey Karry. I will be moving a few towns to the east of destin. Santa Rosa Beach. Scenic Highway 30-a. New Condo is near a school and during the day i will hear the kiddies. Out back is state forest. and across 30-a is Gulf of Mexico. I should petition for a cruise ship port across from my house! OMG I would love that. Destin Will be a 20 minute drive away and Seaside where they filmed the truman show is only 10 minutes away. I got a steal on this condo. it was a regular sale but price is so low. in a few years I hope to sell and make lots of cash and move to Ft Lauderdale maybe. Well maybe in 10 years when im old. I put everything into this. Im glad I paid off 2 future cruises ahead of buying this condo. It will be a 2 bedrooom. a room for me and one for the cat ;)

Corky

Thank you, Port Fever for the webcam and welcome aboard to C@'s!!. Cruzgirl (Debbie) over on CC turned us on to this before our Grand Princess cruise in Jan. It was fun to watch before our cruise.

And Reggae, thank you for finding the webcam and bringing it over here. I love seeing the port activity today and it makes my "little" over a year wait a bit easier to handle. I love it!! :)

I did try to pull it up on my Wii yesterday, and although the site came up, the picture would never come up. Could that be a Streaming issue that the Wii isn't capable of?

Thnx again!!!

duskbat

I had this on this evening. Running in background when all of a sudden I hears some men talking on the ship radio. I almost broke a hole on my ceiling as it scared me so bad and I jumped outta my chair. LOL It can be quiet for a while then you hear some radio chatter. Very cool tho. I wont get so scared next time as I will expect it

reggae

Yesterday, after the cruise ship left the Port, there was a lot of radio traffic. To me, it sounded like they all had to wait for the cruise ships to leave before they could come in to the Port. So they all had specific instructions of when they could come in, and directions, and where to "park"....very interesting....

....and he was identifying himself as the "Harbor Master"

S&M in Pgh

Reggae,

The Coast Guard shuts down the channel to pleasure craft and fishing boats when it is time for the Cruise ships to leave, for safety reasons (one of the CG boats has a 50mm machine gun mounted on the front). I believe the Harbor Master has set up waiting areas outside the channel mouth. And if you want to go out when the ships are, they usually push them up above 17th street bridge. Only commercial shipping gets preference over the Cruise ships.

Mike

reggae

Reggae,

The Coast Guard shuts down the channel to pleasure craft and fishing boats when it is time for the Cruise ships to leave, for safety reasons (one of the CG boats has a 50mm machine gun mounted on the front). I believe the Harbor Master has set up waiting areas outside the channel mouth. And if you want to go out when the ships are, they usually push them up above 17th street bridge. Only commercial shipping gets preference over the Cruise ships.

Mike
So that's what was going on...thanks, Mike.

It was interesting to listen to...and some of them had to wait hours to get in.

....and when you mention "commercial shipping" are you speaking of the freighters? Some of those are really huge, we see them here going through the Great Lakes.

When I see one on the web cam, I google it, and it gives all kinds of info on the vessel.....you can even track it's route on google maps.

Are you a boater, Mike?

S&M in Pgh

reggae, by commercial, the CG means anything that is not a pleasure craft or carries passengers (that includes fishing charters). Commercial would be tankers, cargo, commercial fishing boats, tugs and so on.

Yep, I got the boss to agree to me buying a boat a few summers ago. We have always had boats in the family, but never had one myself for various reasons (health being one of them). We boat on the rivers around Pittsburgh. So no cruise ships to worry about here.

Mike

Corky

I see a couple of ships, waiting to set sail today...at least one RCL, can't make out the other one. Don't forget to watch!!