• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Port Everglades Web Cam This is so cool!

Karry

Corky, I checked cruisecal.com and the other 2 are HAL ships. They are all scheduled to sail at 5pm. I am not seeing them now, tho. I have a different view; just out to the ocean, with the flag waving. Does anyone else get this? Also, just wanted to know, every now and then the action STOPS. It's just a picture, but nothing is moving, then it starts up again. Does anyone else get this? I just want to know if it's the webcam or it's my computer! :shrug:

Corky

Thnx Karry...I only see the ocean and a big long pier like thingy now. It is 4:32 down there, I'll look again in 20 mins or so. :doubleup:

Just a quick follow-up note to thank you all for the kind words and appreciation for our sites.

The camera is pointing across the inlet right now... not at the ships in port. We do this because at certain times, the sun glare off the water gets very intense. When the cruise ships are leaving, we will return to a port view and follow them out.

Very rarely, you might see the video freeze. This could be for a variety of reasons and if you can't get it going again with stop/start buttons... just refresh the page. That usually fixes it by re-initiating the connection. The Internet is not perfect and connection paths to our servers (and our cameras) can vary in quality and reliability.

Enjoy!

David.

Karry

Yes, Port Fever, thank you so much for this! :thankyou:We got another 8" of snow overnight on top of the snow we have, so it's really great to be looking at this scene!:sunny::doubleup:

LS5099

Another nice feature is the map just below the camera. You can zoom out to anywhere in the world and identify the ships. Say in the Caribbean, click on one of the dark blue ships and a Carnival ship name may appear, or NCL, RCI, Hal, etc. Way cool to see which ships are in what ports or between ports.

reggae

Another nice feature is the map just below the camera. You can zoom out to anywhere in the world and identify the ships. Say in the Caribbean, click on one of the dark blue ships and a Carnival ship name may appear, or NCL, RCI, Hal, etc. Way cool to see which ships are in what ports or between ports.
I like using this feature too. It's interesting to see how many ships are in a port. Also when you click on the dark blue ship, there is an option to "show vessel's track"....you can follow it's previous path.

Learning new features and love all the new technology :doubleup:

duskbat

How cute was that. I just watched the lil Discovery Sun leave Port Everglades this morning:) awwwwwwo. I wish I was aboard the Sun, or any cruise ship!