Possibly dumb question about digital cameras

N

NiteStar

OK...maybe I'm just not getting it....but I keep going to sites where they are selling digital cameras and next to the manufacturer and model number, it will say in parenthesis (body only). What the heck does that mean??!! :lol

Also, is there a digital camera on the market that in addition to an electronic viewfinder, also has a LCD screen cover?? I'm not talking about those polymer plastic sheets that go on the screen.....but an actual open and shut (or something like that) screen cover.

P

PassthePeas

Sounds like you are looking at digital SLR cameras. Body only means you have to buy the lens seperately. The nice thing about a digital SLR, is that you CAN change the lenses on it. Yes, they make a camera with a cover, but have not seen it on the big SLR cameras. Only on the little pocket size cameras. Hope this helps! D.

N

NiteStar

Which pocket size cameras have them passthepeas? Thanks!!

P

PassthePeas

NiteStar, I am trying to remember the brand for you.. I'm thinking Sony made one that was a camera and recorder all in one that had a screen that swung out. I'll be in the stores today, so I'll look for you. Also try browsing the ones on Ebay. Dona

N

NiteStar

I've looked at a zillion sites (that might be a slight exaggeration...:lol), and can't find one with a cover for the LCD screen.