Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Princess Cays Update

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by CruisinTex, Dec 17, 2004.

1. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

We're on Star Princess 1/23/05. Yesterday, Princess changed our itinerary and we won't be stopping at Princess Cays. We were supposed to be there on 1/29/05, so anyone who is sailing in December or January and wondering/hoping Princess Cays will re-open in time for your cruise, be prepared for an itinerary change!

2. Hucc

Hucc Guest

I'm sorry to hear it's not going to be open in time for your cruise.

Princess Cays is a beautiful beach. One of the best "private islands" out there.

3. scasarano

scasarano Guest

Yeah - I'm going to be on the Caribbean Princess from 1/29 - 2/5 and they just changed my itinerary to San Juan - which is fine. I've been to Princess Cays and I haven't been to San Juan in years. Can't go wrong with the Bacardi tour!!!

4. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

The Bacardi Tour is pretty neat. There are some unique bottles of Bacardi that you can buy in their store. They cannot sell some of these in the US - they're a little pricey, but worth it.

I'm surprised it's taking this long for Princess Cays to get back up and running. What kind of damage did it sustain?

5. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

:wave Bobbie..it got creamed....:(..they had to re-build the pier, the huts got flattened and tons of erosion....so it's got to be re-done basically from scratch..from what I'd read awhile back.......I loved it too..sigh..Mother Nature sure is a mean wench at times....:(..Joanne

6. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

Wow! I didn't realize it was hit so hard! Thanks for the update, Joann! :thumb

7. smw0621

smw0621 Guest

Our cruise is scheduled for Feb 5th and we're suppose to stop at Princess Cays too, I wonder if we'll have a change too.

8. star

star Guest

Heard teh rebuilding is on hold..seems ther isa least issue between Princess and the Bahamian officals....if they rebuild at all. Read this on another board last week.

9. usher

usher Guest

Just received an update from Princess Cruise Line 1-13-05. Princess Cays is still not ready for visitors. They do not know when the ship will be able to visit the Cays at this time.

10. smw0621

smw0621 Guest

I just checked our itinerary for our Feb 5th cruise and it hasn't changed yet....are they changing all the Princess Cay stops to San Juan?

11. usher

usher Guest

My understanding is that the cruise line has no idea when the Cays will be available. It sounded to me like it's on a cruise by cruise basis whether the itinerary gets revised.

What a way to run a cruise line!!!!

Hopefully this situation gets settled soon

12. MrBill1964

MrBill1964 Guest

I was reading on another board that Princess itineraries that had been changed from Princess Cays to San Juan or Nassau have now been changed BACK to Princess Cays. According to that thread this info was found through the cruise personalizer. Also a few people called Princess which also confirmed that Princess Cays is now open. We shall see.

Bill

13. We need someone to step on the Island and then post from the ship that everything is open. I have been reading the same ting on two other boards and everyone is saying they have talked to Princess and starting Jan 22 ship will stop at Princess Cays. I called Princess today but was on hold forever and didn't have the patence to wait, we dont cruise untill Feb 18 and I figure we will know for sure by then. I only hope for those who are leaving earlier that it is open now.

14. belgique

belgique Guest

GolfNut: Going on the 2/18 Dawn cruise too - I'll be part of a wedding party for my friend, Amy and Dr. Bill on the day we sail.

Look for a group of 11 and one in a wedding dress! I'll be the big blonde "of a certain age" - introduce yourself and ask for "Belgique".

Also hoping we get to Princess Cays - it's heaven!

15. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

Princess changed the itinerary on our Cruise Personalizer back to Princess Cays. We leave on Sunday (23rd) and are scheduled to be at PC on the 29th. We're just going to wait and see what happens. Maybe we'll go there, maybe we'll have an extra day at sea.

16. DJA

DJA Guest

Princess announced today that Princess Cays will re-open on Friday 1/21 with everything repaired. Caribbean Princess will be making the first call.

17. DebraK

DebraK Guest

Awesome!!! I'm happy for all of you who will be able to spend time at this wonderful island.

18. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=coolsign..I am so happy for you all too..I have not got it on my Back to Back in 2 weeks on the Golden Princess..we are wayyyy too far South..so all of you enjoy it for me...:cheers..:daisy..Joanne

19. patmac

patmac Guest

I just got home after cruising on the Caribbean Princess (1/15-1/22). We found out on the day of embarkation that we would be stopping at Princess Cay. However, when we got there on Friday, there were 15 foot swells washing up onto the beach. The captian decided it was just too rough to tender anyone over, and the beach would not have been nice with the water coming in so high. So, we turned around, and spent an extra day at sea. I was bummed, but I'm not one to tell the captian how to run the ship. I had conformed to going to San Juan, and was really excited when I found out that Princess Cay was open. Hope the group that is out now gets to go.

Pat

20. kathy s

kathy s Guest

The first ship to stop was the Sun Princess.....today! Hope you all enjoy it because I am with CruizeCutie on a B2B that doesn't stop there. Have fun! The island is open!