Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Princess FYI.."Ghost Bookings".....

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by Cruise cutie, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

as a passing statement I figure I'll do a main posting on this to help out..:grin..it's a well worth the look into while sailing ON a Princess ship......

Ghost Bookings....while ON BOARD PRINCESS SAILINGS ONLY in your daily "Princess Patter" there will be a printed announcement saying you are "welcome " to see the Cruise Customer Relations staff at the Room such and such between the hours of... and discuss future cruise bookings....GO..:grin..make a bee-line to that area, there will be ALL kinds of Princess sailings catalogs up to 18 months scheduled ahead...and if you do either a declared specific or not specific ie: "Ghost booking" they will give you extra goodies....

First the bookings are secure for up to use on Princess for 4 years, they are completely refundable, and able to be transferred from Princess Cruise Lines to the travel agent (TA>) of your choice..you can also get other offered perks from your TA added to these bookings as they apply..

HOW MUCH??... for each person a deposit of $100.00 to your favorite credit card.:grin....so for DH Mark and I.... a future booking fee at that moment of 200.00 is dinged to my Amex..( air miles folks!!..:lol).....they give you a statement saying you made a booking at that time and you are on your way..:thumb..

What does this get us.... well a regular deposit for a cruise is anywheres from $700.00- to $1600.00 for us as a couple...depending on the length of sailing and if Alaska. Med, Hawaii , whatever...this $200.00 is all I have to use to secure a booking...it does not matter what the area or how many days it is..Yahoo...

What else do we get for doing it... you also get an onboard free from Princess room credit on that next sailing..for an inside room 50.00 pp or outside, or balcony or suite, or 10 dayer or more..the amount of free $$$ goes up for the scale you end up booking...it's waiting for you on your Princess account as you board that sailing..Yahoo...

Now they like declared bookings..a specific cruise, but we always get a "Ghost." as we have to decide and research it out..., but remember the Ghost booking is good for up to 4 years, is fully refundable and it gets free added credit on the sailing..a win-win for all, Princess retains you, and you get extra free perks and can give it to the TA of your choice...

Now there are also "Share the Wealth Coupons " for friends or family not ON your sailing to take the same deal home to them.and then have them book off that coupon you gave them.....you HAVE to ask for these too..and they get the goodies you just got for booking a Ghost or specific sailing...so good luck, enjoy all your cruise research...:hope this info helps...:grin..Joanne

2. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

Thanks for the reminder Joanne. :thumb Planning on doing a Ghost Booking on the CL@SS Cruise.

3. gramps

gramps Guest

Joanne,

Once you get a "ghost booking", can you use your own TA to book the actual cruise? Do you still get the perks?

Gramps

4. dmcculloch

dmcculloch Guest

Hi Joanne
    I was talking to you yesterday in the Laundry room. LOL

And asking about the ghost bookings

Thanks for taking the time to explain to everyone what it is about.

You are terrific.

=adore.

Dianne

5. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

You CAN transfer to the Ta of your choice after that booking is made and I do.So YES... transfer it to your own TA AND get her /Him added perks too, from their agency or even more Princess perks often available by region or if Princess Platinum or Elite status...it's a wonderful win -win for all...Have fun!!..=lolgang..Joanne

6. bikevegas

bikevegas Guest

Just used my ghost booking for our October cruise on the Sapphire. Joanne is right, you simply cannot go wrong! I wish more cruise lines would do them....:AL:USA

7. notsure

notsure Guest

With the "Share the Wealth coupons", do you have to pay $100.00 for each one? Do you have to give the names of the individuals you are going give them to?

8. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Nope, grab the coupons and run home and make them pony up the $$ and book their trips!!..=lolgang...:)..Joanne

9. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

Are they applicable to group bookings? I ran into a problem doing this on RCCL. I had to keep the same booking number in order to get the shipboard credit. The group booking was a different number and it couldn't be transferred.

10. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=shrug not sure about group bookings..you'd have to check with the onboard ship rep..Good luck...Joanne

11. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Does anyone know if you book a "Ghost" booking how independent insurance would work the "Pre-existing condition" clause? Would the 14 days beging when you book the Ghost or when you actually set a sailing date/ship?

12. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

That's a good question too Denise

13. nieciez

nieciez Guest

I just spoke to my TA. She said that if you book on-board and you actually set the cruise and date, you have the 14 days to buy the insurance (or whatever the time frame is for the carrier you choose). But, if you book a "Ghost" booking though you have a booking number the cruise isn't actually "booked" until you select your sailing and the date for insurance starts at that time.

14. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

BUMP...for newbies on Ghost bookings...got mine last week to use in 2007!!..WHOO HOO.....:grin..Joanne

15. ketelhut

ketelhut Guest

With Ghost bookings is there any sort of guranteed pricing at the time of the deposit or is the price set at the time you book the specific cruise? When eventually booking the specific cruise do you have to come up with more deposit money depending on the cruise?

16. DJA

DJA Guest

It's not really a "Ghost Booking" -- it's not holding anything. All it is, is a future cruise deposit and credit. When you make the actual booking, they will apply the $100 deposit to that cruise and credit the shipboard credit ($25-$150 depending on length of cruise) to your invoice. The rate they guarantee with a future cruise credit is the lowest available Captains Circle fare at the time of the actual booking ...and, like any other booking, if the fare drops you can ride it down until you make final payment. As for the deposit, the $100 is all you ever pay no matter what cruise you book, they don't ask for more -- that's really the primary advantage of an on-board booking. The only exception is if the cruise you book is waitlisted -- in that case they will not apply a future cruise credit deposit to it -- you have to put down a regular deposit. Once you come off the waitlist, you can then apply the additional $100 deposit plus the shipboard credit.

17. NCMom

NCMom Guest

I wonder if this works for the Friends and Family Plan too

18. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Friends and family plan is fine if they book on the SAME sailing as the people ON the cruise book...If I get a sailing and others..JOIN us..they get the same deal...just not on another booking they want to do besides ours...:thumb..Joanne

19. dmcculloch

dmcculloch Guest

Hey there

I was so excited to see your cruise review from the Golden Princess.
    I could not wait till you got back to hear all about it.

I would love to go on a B to B.
    Sure am glad you enjoyed it.

Can hardly wait for our cruise in April on the Sun Princess. =docdance

Dianne.

20. ron123

ron123 Guest

We're just back from Diamond Princess Feb 26. We've done future cruise bookings each time we cruise. It is very simple, just fill out the information on the future cruise sales form and drop it in the slot. at the future cruise sales desk. A notice will come to your room with you future cruise booking number on it and a confirmation of charges $100.00 for each person booked.
    In addition. I used my Discover Card bonus points (on-line at discover.com) and doubled my cash back award. It saved and addition $80.00 on a one week cruise. I also priced shopped Touraid Travel Desk, the agency that handles Diecover Card bookings. The cabin rates were as competitive as any agency, with an additional $50.00 room credit
    Ron