• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Princess Platinum Check-In

J

jensun

My docs for upcoming Golden Princess cruise say "Platinum Check-In" on the cover.
Couple traveling with us do not have that designation. What does it mean and why did we get it and not them?

Both of us completed all paperwork online a month or so ago.

Hope somebody can tell us the difference. Thanks .

Sandra

A

ajl111

Platinum designates that you've traveled 5 times with Princess before. And because of that, there are some extra benefits. I just came off the 8/30 Golden cruise and discovered that I received free internet because I'm platinum. I wished I'd have known that before, I wouldn't have been so eager to get off the computer!

P

Pat

When boarding the Royal Princess in New York on September 17, Platinum members had a separate line for embarkation that was much shorter (like, immediate) than the Express line.

Also, you'll see that your cruise card has a platinum colored band.

Pat

S

sail7seas

Do these platinum extras begin on your fifth cruise, or after completion of five?

P

pbpb

Platinum standing becomes effective after completion of the 5th cruise on Princess.
The benefits also include a lounge to wait in on disembarkation day with refreshements.

C

Catharine

Do the traveling companions of platinum members get to take advantage of benefits such as the platinum check in and lounge on disembarkation? I ask because I will be travelling with my mom who is a platinum member and I am only a gold member. We are mother and daughter, but do not have the same name since I use my married name. We are sharing a cabin though.

B

BurBunny

While you probably won't be able to take advantage of the individual benefits like the free internet for platinum members, you should have the same check-in priviledges. They're not going to separate family members :)