• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Princess & Ship Board Credit.

A

Alley

Hi Everybody,
I just wanted to send out a little caution to all Princess cruisers. I recently sailed on the Star Princess and I had $225.00 of various ship board credits. One of those credits was for a ghost booking and one the other ($75.00) from Princes for a previouse cruse excursion that went very bad! Anyway... the credits was there when I did my on-line immigration but when I received my final bill on the last day it only reflected $125.00 of credit. My advice to all Princess cruisers with ship board credit is to keep all receipts and prints a page of your ship board credit prior to boarding the ship and bring them with you! Once you sail and you use your sail & sign card and you don't keep receipts you can lose the ship board credit if you don't have proof of having it in the first place.

Alley

D

DJA

I think it's because the web site shows the maximum possible amount of the cruise credit; but the actual credit you get is based on the length of the cruise and the cabin category when you actually take the cruise. I think the range is $50 to $150. Sounds like you got $50 plus your other $75, instead of $150 plus $75 that you were expecting.

L

Lady Jag

I just paid $1500 ahead of time for a shipboard credit for our cruise. (I made sure I had a copy of the receipt from Princess to take with us.) I'm trying this idea out for the first time - paying ahead of time. I figure this way, it'll be that much less cash we have to carry and/or that much less of a charge we see when we get home since I already paid it off. We also have $300 in shipboard credits coming to us and I'm going to make sure all these credits are on our account when we board.

Good point though - make sure you have proof of what your shipboard credits are! :thumb

S

serene56

For a Princess cruise --can you call the cruiselines and place money onto a stateroom account? or are all cabin credits due from a rebate of some stuff?

L

Lady Jag

Oh no, you can put credit on your account ahead of time. We did for this cruise. It's that much less cash we have to carry and we don't have a scary balance on our credit card when we get home! Just call 1-800-PRINCESS and have your booking number handy. :)

S

serene56

Thanks-- since my cruise is in 2007 could I make monthly payment to my account or would you suggest only making one large deposit.

Carnival-- I buy thsoe funship dollars each month-- very easy

L

Lady Jag

I would make as few as possible. Make sure they fax a confirmation of the payment to your TA. Keep those faxes and bring them with you on the cruise just in case they don't get the credit on the account like they're supposed to. :)

L

Lady Jag

Not sure - it may be on the Captain's Circle page, but not really sure on that. I haven't found my credit posted - just the future cruise credits I have from booking while on the ship. =dunno